larger lady!!

(4 Posts)
feelingmiffed Mon 02-May-16 21:21:35

I never know what to wear?!

I'm 5ft 8, a size 18-20. I'm not huge but I'm stockily built?! I'm fairly busty

I love the idea of being feminine

I'm very self conscious so am always trying to cover myself up sad, always looking for clothes that make me look slim but nothing ever does ( because I'm not slim!!)

I'm currently trying to revamp myself with new jeans, make up etc, but fancy something different!

So, ladies of larger size.... What do you wear? What are your staples? Where do you shop?!

Cantstopeatingchocolate Mon 02-May-16 22:35:14

Staples are skinny jeans, not too skinny though, because of the big calves.
I try to go for slightly fitted tops, because the boobs make floaty tops stick out too much and therefore make you look fat(ter).
Always have a cardi to hide the butt.
Heels cos they change your posture and you don't push out your gut too much -avoiding the awful ' when are you due ' comments-
Casual/sporty is not your friend, avoid them.
Also 5ft 8 and probably more a 20 than a 18 now.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 03-May-16 00:55:08

I only wear dresses.
I go to
New look
Simply be
Yours
Asos
Mod cloth
Lindy bop
EBay.

BrendaFurlong Tue 03-May-16 09:12:44

I avoided anything other than awful black trousers and shapeless tops for years, then decided to do something about it.

This book was my starting point:
www.amazon.co.uk/Plus-Size-How-Chic-Elegant-ebook/dp/B00AOBFC8U/ref=la_B0070KGEOO_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1462262873&sr=1-4

I break a lot of her rules (I wear animal print which she says to avoid) but the basic advice has worked for me - knee length dresses and heels in particular. I'm a lot bigger than you OP but I now look put together and even get compliments (woman at work last week, whom I don't know, complimented my dress in the corridor!)

I shop by shape rather than brand now. My favourite outfit was 2nd hand off ebay and I don't even know what label it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now