Thrilling hair care question..

(6 Posts)
twojumpingbeans Mon 02-May-16 20:20:05

I have recently, at the ripe old age of 36, decided to stop fighting my curly hair and have been letting it curl, I love it but it needs so much product to not be frizzy and shapeless. It's around shoulder length at the mo. I also don't tend to wash it more than twice a week to try and stop he frizz and fluff. As a result it is dull, and absolutely full of product, looks like dandruff but is just product build up. So much so I combed it through with my DDs nitty gritty earlier and it was grim. So much product. I'm starting to get a bit self conscious about it and paranoid that it can be seen as it just feels so horrible.

At the moment I use dove shampoo and conditioner, fish fingers wax when damp (as recommended by my uber cool hairdresser) then mousse and then John Frieda Frizz ease every now and then. I'm really loathe to get the straighteners out again but I am starting to hate the feel of it. Am also brazening out the going grey look too, which might be affecting my confidence a bit (lot)! So - any suggestions for better products or an amazing shampoo that can wash away all his build up? Nothing too expensive would be fab! Ta.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 02-May-16 20:28:22

Have you tried using a more expensive shampoo? I have straight hair but when I switched to a product for older hair it was much more manageable.

Do you use a deep conditioner?.

twojumpingbeans Mon 02-May-16 20:33:55

Yes, I think I might invest - any recommendations? I think the grey hairs are so wiry it adds to the dullness and frizzy look.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 02-May-16 20:46:01

Have a look on sites like lookfantastic & see what's getting good reviews, the main question is it frizzy due to age or because it's curly?.

I think mine is a swartzkopf q10 time restore.

My hair is definitely coarser with age.

twojumpingbeans Mon 02-May-16 20:58:27

Bit of both I reckon. I'll have a look at that website, I haven't heard of it before so thanks for the recommendation smile

nooddsocksforme Mon 02-May-16 21:04:56

I have thick wiry wavy but not curly hair. This is the best shampoo and conditioner I have found , www.amazon.co.uk/Wella-Sp-Smooth-Duo-Products/dp/B01BLOV30Y/ref=sr_1_24?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1462219368&sr=1-24&keywords=sp+shampoo+smoothen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now