Those battery operated nail buffers (like the Revlon one that keeps appearing at the side of the screen) are they worth it?

(7 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 02-May-16 10:32:40

Before anyone says -"No, use a gloss varnish" , I am not allowed to wear any nail product at work.
And the days I'm not at work, it's not worth applying and removing for a couple of days.

But the battery op buffer would (hopefully smile ) give me shiney smooth NO EFFORT glossy nails that Infection Control can't whinge at.

I have a Leighton Denny buffer but TBH , by the time I've done three nails, I lose the will.

I've got a couple of ridged nails that do look better with the LD file though.

My nails are not my best feature really. Short (not bitten but they snap) very narrow.

There are other brands apart from Revlon. Are they worth a punt?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 02-May-16 21:30:16

any takers..........................

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 03-May-16 22:09:12

Bump (again)

Someone must've used one of these buffers.
<<Going to storm off in a reet old flouncey sulk if I get ignored>>

But I'll get over myself long enough to come back and check if I'm being ignored.....grin

Wagglebees Tue 03-May-16 22:13:57

I'd like to know too. Spotted them in Boots and fancied one but they weren't that cheap and it looked like you had to buy refills too. So they'd have to be a lot better than one of those four sided buffer things. I really like using those but like you say they're a bit tedious.

NamelessEnsign Tue 03-May-16 22:26:57

I have one! one of the pink Emjoi ones

I can't wear nail varnish because it makes my nails flake and crack a few days later. I have bendy and easily damaged nails.

The buffer does a really good job at removing ridges and making my nails shine. However, a few days later, my nails start to crack and flake, and then look considerably worse! So based on my experience I would say not recommended if your nails are weak, which is a pity because I just want clean, shiny nails!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 04-May-16 12:40:38

I saw a JML one but it was for skin and nails (more for feet I think) it was £15, so half the price of the Revlon one.

I had one nail buffed by someone at those pop up stands in a shopping centre (they catch me unawares and I'm in)
My glossed nail was really nice, but they buff like lightning and I can't be doing that 10 times.

Still pondering...........

murphys Wed 04-May-16 13:47:52

I bought one of the Scholl ones. What a complete waste of money. It takes two batteries, the moment the buffer touches anything, it stops working. So I got new batteries, same thing. So when I Googled it, everyone else seemed to have the same problem.

I didn't take mine back as I bought it at a Chinese shop, much cheaper than they are normally sold for. I am quite sure it is original, as those who bought them at much higher prices in other shops, have the same problem.

They aren't cheap either. Don't waste your money on the Scholl one anyway. but I do have the Scholl foot buffer and that works well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now