Find me a dress please

(4 Posts)
Hushabyelullaby Mon 02-May-16 00:20:18

Hope some of you lovely ladies can help.

My friend is getting married next month and I need a dress. I'm looking for ideas please, but have quite a specific criteria. I'll be an evening guest.

Firstly I'm a wheelchair user, I'm 40, 5'8 and a size 12. I'm brunette so can carry off brighter colours, although yellow of any shade looks awful with my skin tone. I've found that being unable to walk/stand totally alters how clothes look on me as I'm always sitting. I can't do anything with detailing around the waist as you can't see it when I'm sat down. I have this thing about not liking clothes with high necks (T-shirt height and above) or halter necks as I feel as if I'm being choked.

I used to love wearing heels, but can't now.

I quite like the above the knee style dresses about at the moment, but because I'm sitting it can't have a full/flouncy skirt.

My budget is £75 for the dress so not much I'm afraid.

candykane25 Mon 02-May-16 00:34:25

I'm thinking a ponte pencil type dress might be good, ponte is stretchy but thick if good quality so has plenty of give but form fitting too. Boden do some ponte tulip shape style dresses that are v neck which are smart and classic and can be dressed up with a cardy or jacket. I think they do a regular and long too as you are quite tall so I imagine a dress could ride up a bit when seated.

Hushabyelullaby Mon 02-May-16 18:59:42

Thanks for your reply candy, I'm off to have a look!

candykane25 Tue 03-May-16 12:43:47

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now