Make up for eczema prone eyes

(9 Posts)
Gingernut81 Sat 30-Apr-16 10:56:29

I'm fed up of looking haggard surviving on reduced sleep! I get eczema around my eyes and would just like to be able to look a little more normal occasionally! Can anyone recommend any make-up? I used to be ok with Clinique mascara but now that irritates my eyes, any suggestions?

Cakescakescakes Sat 30-Apr-16 13:01:30

I have allergies to a lot of eye make up but have good luck with products from Butterflies Eyecare? They're for super sensitive eyes and are nickel free etc. The only high street or high end brand I can wear is Urban Decay which seem to be free of chromium and other heavy metals which irritate my eyes. (I also get eyelid eczema from eye products). Maybe call into an urban decay counter and ask them to try some products on you then you can wear them for a while and see. That's what I do now. The butterflies products are non irritating but the range of colours, longevity etc isn't amazing. But worth it for happy eyes.

Lndnmummy Sat 30-Apr-16 14:01:29

Have you tried bare minerals 5in1 bb eyeshadow? I have sore roseaca and eczema prone eyes/lids and it is brilliant at evening out skin colour and doesnt seem to irritate. Mascara is causing me trouble at the moment but i find that i do ok with tube mascaras, currently using loreal in the red and white tube.

Indecisivejo Sat 30-Apr-16 16:45:41

My eyes are extremely sensitive and I'm ok with natural collection water guard one and their lengthening one (not tried others) and it's only £1.99!
I'm also ok with no7 red glittery tube and gold tube.

TheTittifersHaveSungTheirSong Sat 30-Apr-16 18:50:57

BareMinerals is fab, shouldn't irritate skin and feels like you haven't got any on. They've got stuff for all skin types, def worth a look

Happy50 Sat 30-Apr-16 21:35:35

At times I get eczema on my eye lids.
I have no problem with Dr Hauscka and Beauty without Cruelty make up
Some Body Shop is fine too

RaeFesnick Sat 30-Apr-16 22:35:11

I have the same problem and find bare minerals products work best for me.

Gingernut81 Sun 01-May-16 03:15:41

Thanks for all the feedback, looks like I'm going to be going shopping grin

Indecisivejo Sun 01-May-16 09:32:11

Oh ffs think I'm gonna have to go back to the bare minerals counter again now too lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now