Help me choose a denim jacket...

(16 Posts)
taybert Sat 30-Apr-16 10:55:51

I'm optimistically looking forward to summer and would like a lightweight denim jacket to throw over tshirt dresses and tops/skirts, I've also got my eye on some flat tan sandals to wear with this ensemble.
I've narrowed it down to a couple of jackets. Side by side I prefer the h&m one as I'd naturally go for the darker colour but I'm wondering if the more indigo one from ASOS is better for summer as its a bit brighter and if it would go better with summer colours. That said I think I'd be more likely to wear the other one in winter too....
Help to decide much appreciated!

asos

h&m

taybert Sat 30-Apr-16 11:54:44

Hopeful bump! I realise it's a bit boring but any passing opinions welcome!

EatShitDerek Sat 30-Apr-16 11:56:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TychosNose Sat 30-Apr-16 11:58:09

Tricky one.
I'd order both and see which fits better and goes with your other stuff. I never trust colours when online shopping.

EatShitDerek Sat 30-Apr-16 11:59:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CoolToned Sat 30-Apr-16 12:02:38

Can't help - I like both.

And I may or may not have around 10 denim jackets. :P

Racheyg Sat 30-Apr-16 12:06:23

Asos. I have a nice one from gap, doesn't that awful stretchy feel to it.

Floisme Sat 30-Apr-16 12:09:22

I prefer the colour of the H&M one but the asos one looks cropped and a bit more fitted which would suit me me better.

So personally I'd keep hunting for the H&M colour and the asos shape. Sorry if that's no help!

taybert Sat 30-Apr-16 12:13:01

What about this one?
newlook
I had momentarily forgotten that things could be sent back mind, I might order a few.

Floisme Sat 30-Apr-16 12:17:13

Yes I like the New Look one best!

YaySirNaySir Sat 30-Apr-16 12:35:01

I like the H&M one best, but did see a nice one in New Look the other week.

divingworldchampion Sat 30-Apr-16 12:39:31

I prefer the ASOS one, the shape looks more flattering.

taybert Sat 30-Apr-16 14:01:07

I've ordered the new look one for starters.

MrsLogicFromViz Sat 30-Apr-16 14:42:10

I like the colour and shape of the first one (I assume that you're petite?) I'd second Gap too as I bought a nice second hand one from eBay last year and it's roomy and soft.

taybert Sat 30-Apr-16 16:15:52

I am indeed petite, or short as I call it. The gap ones all look a bit heavy at the moment, I want something fairly lightweight for the summer (we're going to S France for holiday, I've got a parka for when we're at home!)

MrsLogicFromViz Sat 30-Apr-16 18:05:24

It's defo worth ordering some from both as the companies have free returns smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now