Best cream blush for pale skin (and mascara tips too)?

(11 Posts)
WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 30-Apr-16 08:01:45

My make up bag needs a complete overhaul and I'm treating myself to a shopping trip this morning.

Any suggestions for a really good cream blush for pale skin (dark hair). Brands and/or shades?

Also, any mascara recommendations? I prefer a dark brown or brown/black colour. I'm blessed with long eyelashes so not fussed by lengthening/thickening claims. Just a decent mascara that doesn't clump or run easily.

midnightmoomoo Sat 30-Apr-16 08:21:10

I really like Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara, it doesn't irritate and stays put all day.

Kennington Sat 30-Apr-16 08:57:52

Posietint is great but you have to blend it in fast otherwise you see a weird ghost blob of the original spot it was placed.
Bourjois 12 hour Aqua blush no3 is also good but I mix with moisturiser as it is so pigmented.

JuneFromBethesda Sat 30-Apr-16 09:05:30

I have the Bourjois Aqua Blush too and I really like it - can't remember which number it is but it's the brightest pink - I have the same colouring as you and need a good strong pink colour to stop looking washed out. Really easy to apply and natural-looking, plus it smells of roses smile

Backhometothenorth Sat 30-Apr-16 09:12:35

Posietint and number 7 cream blush sticks (various shades- all blend in really nicely)

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 30-Apr-16 10:04:51

Thanks for suggestions! Any more before I hit the shops?

Fibbertigibbet Sat 30-Apr-16 10:19:40

Collection do good dupes of the No. 7 blush sticks and they are very buildable. I am also very pale with dark hair and love mine!

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 30-Apr-16 11:08:18

Decent non cloggy mascara in dark brown recommendations especially welcome!!

MrsT2007 Sat 30-Apr-16 19:02:28

Try the maybelline lash sensational in brown. I really love it, no crumbles or smudges, goes on like a dream.

Revlon cream blush is good, as it the bourgois gel one.

I too am pale skinned (pink toned) and dark haired

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sun 01-May-16 14:57:28

Thanks everyone. I ended up at Bobbi brown. But I'll look out for the maybelline mascara as hardly anywhere seems to do brown these days!

greenpoplinshirt Sun 01-May-16 15:50:33

revlon cream blush here too. i use clinique naturally glossy too. im pale skin with beige tone and fairly dark hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now