Dyson hairdryer

(31 Posts)
theelephantknownasnell Wed 27-Apr-16 11:30:00

Just saw a promotional video for a hairdryer made by Dyson, it's really expensive from £299, I was kind of interested before I saw the price, anyone else seen it or thinking of getting one when they're released?

botemp Wed 27-Apr-16 17:41:02

Argh, I saw this too... It wasn't bad enough that I was making up completely rational not reasons for getting their newfangled humidifier, now, of course, I want the overpriced hair dryer too...

theelephantknownasnell Wed 27-Apr-16 20:14:43

Are you going to get one?

I expected it to be about £100

howtorebuild Wed 27-Apr-16 20:16:32

How can they justify £299?

NattyGolfJerkin Wed 27-Apr-16 20:25:17

Nah, I'll stick with my Parlux.

FishOn Wed 27-Apr-16 20:27:47

I was really interested....till I saw the price

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 27-Apr-16 20:28:39

It looked like one of those crap ones you get in hotels hmm

I need wide nozzles or my hair doesn't behave!!

Chippednailvarnish Wed 27-Apr-16 20:32:24

I'd expect a free hairdresser to accompany a hairdryer that cost that much...

RedOnHerHedd Wed 27-Apr-16 20:38:07

Is it powerful like those dyson blade hand dryers?? If I use it on my face will it blow away wrinkles?

emsyj Wed 27-Apr-16 20:41:39

I can't stand that Dyson man. He sets my teeth on edge - dunno why. I wouldn't have his hairdryer (or his vacuum cleaner) as a gift! Happy with my Parlux.

NeverTalksToStrangers Wed 27-Apr-16 20:42:38

Is it just for drying? The only footage I seen was like how hairdressers would rough dry off at the start, not the usual pull it out and blast it blow dry moves. I need a something a bit of powerful (naturally curly).

botemp Wed 27-Apr-16 20:43:23

It comes with nozzles and diffusers (or at least they're available, probably at a few more £££), but, no, I shall resist buying it till it's at least somewhere in a price range that's acceptable, which is at least half of what they're asking now. Also I'd like to see it do it's magic in real life first. In all fairness to my immediate lusting for it, I did read about it on the New York Times website where they incorrectly priced it at $249 so I was expecting it to be a bit cheaper here in Europe. At £299 I'd want it a bit bigger and hover over the top of my head like a halo and dry my hair in seconds to groomed perfection without me having to do a thing. Lastly, if every Youtube 'star' and their grandmother is going to tell me it's 'AH-mazing!' I'm not even going to give it another look.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 27-Apr-16 20:46:14

I'm Parlux loyalsmile

Cheshireblue Thu 28-Apr-16 11:01:09

I wanted one right away - but then saw the price. I love my Parlux so will stick with it. There are 2 dyson models - one for home use and the other for professional. Maybe the domestic one will be cheaper

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 28-Apr-16 13:07:27

I think I will get one but only with a discount. I like the fact it is meant to be very quiet.

GreenHamNoeggs Thu 28-Apr-16 13:22:01

I thought it was an April Fool confused

squoosh Thu 28-Apr-16 13:52:09

I'm as likely to spend £300 on a state of the art dustpan and brush as I am on a hairdryer. I'm happy with my Diva hairdryer, does the job of a Parlux but only costs £40.

theelephantknownasnell Thu 28-Apr-16 20:05:24

Cheshire is this one the professional one then, I hadn't realised that.

Just had a look at the parlux 385, got good reviews.

The posters who mentioned owning parlux driers, which models do you have?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 28-Apr-16 20:56:08

I have the 320 which is what salons use, absolutely fantastic, it's transformed my hair.

theelephantknownasnell Thu 28-Apr-16 21:06:11

Thanks Dame will have a look.

neveradullmoment99 Thu 28-Apr-16 21:21:56

mm.. that's an outrageous price. They make vacuums anyway. Not sure they have pedigree with hairdryers. It blows air. How can it cost nearly £300??? Their vacuums aren't that good either. I have had 2!!

NattyGolfJerkin Thu 28-Apr-16 21:28:09

theelephant, I use the 385 light and it is brilliant. Powerful without causing fluffy, ruined hair and lighter, quieter and ore compact than my previous Babyliss one (which I liked).

NattyGolfJerkin Thu 28-Apr-16 21:29:50

*more.

Oh and the flex is nice and long. A lot of Argos/high street brand dryers have short cables so you end up tethered and crouching to dry your hair.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 28-Apr-16 23:33:04

Parlux cables are really long.

RedOnHerHedd Thu 28-Apr-16 23:38:48

I've got a Babyliss that my mum bought me a good 15 years ago or more. I've been waiting for it to die for years so I have an excuse to buy a new one but the damn thing just keeps on going! In fairness it's pretty good but I've lost all the nozzles in house moves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now