Modern styling ideas for a beautiful vintage skirt

(5 Posts)
Sarri Tue 26-Apr-16 21:15:09

I have this very beautiful skirt that I've worn a few times for 'dos' and I plan to wear soon for an evening wedding celebration. I've previously worn it in a very 'vintage' fashion: black off the shoulder bardot top, a wide black elasticated belt, kitten heel sandals. It's always going to look a bit retro, it's got a built in net underskirt - but I'd like to find some different things to wear with it - a more modern shaped top, or a different belt maybe? Would love to hear your ideas.. thanks

MrsLettuce Tue 26-Apr-16 21:39:04

That's lovely. Is the darkest colour navy? Is hard to be sure with the size of the photo. Is alos hard to tell how long it is, calf length or longer?

There's a lot of this sort of thing about ATM, in terms of shape. Might this work? Bottom layer tucked in of course.

What size shoes?

MrsLettuce Tue 26-Apr-16 21:40:43

these are maybe better but not cheap and probably less comforable

Sarri Tue 26-Apr-16 22:36:14

Hey - thanks for the ideas, I absolutely love that coast top, totally different shape than I'd considered and would work really well with the waistline. The darkest colour on the skirt is a slightly dusty shade of black - it's a very strange wool felt fabric. Skirt is about calf length on me as i'm a midget.

That second pair of shoes would look great and they've got them in my size - 3, hadn't thought about picking out the brighter blue in the skirt, tho a bit terrified at the threat of them being less comfortable. I am a high heel wimp.

MrsLettuce Tue 26-Apr-16 22:49:18

Ah, not navy. I'm sure there'll be something similar about in a darck charcoal. I did wonder if it was tweedy or wool or something but thought I was imagining it!

I don;t think the second shoes look dreadfully uncomfortable, no. Just meant less comfortable that the lower heel of the first ones. I suspect they'd look amazing with the skirt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now