Men's jeans???

(4 Posts)
Whyohwhyme Tue 26-Apr-16 20:50:41

I'm overweight (12-14) and have very fat legs.
I am really struggling to find a pair of jeans to wear with ballet flats or converse.

I do wear skinny jeans (although don't look the best) which I balance out with long tops and boots but want some to wear now the weather is hopefully getting better.

In desperation I tried my husbands jeans on today and they looked great!!! The pockets were low enough to make my big bum look smaller and they weren't mega tight on my legs but is it weird to wear men's jeans???

I remember years ago I wore men's Levi 501's but I'm just not sure - opinions (kindly said) please.........

burnishedsilver Tue 26-Apr-16 21:20:05

If they fit and look well then your search is over. Congrats - It's so hard to find the right jeans.

ItGoesWithoutSaying Wed 27-Apr-16 08:53:22

All jeans were originally men's jeans. Women started wearing them and it was probably the first unisex item of clothing. Not sure when "women's jeans" were first made, but I think some brands still do unisex styles.

Oddly, my DH wears a pair of my old jeans, - mid-rise, straight leg - that I bought in early stages of pregnancy which I was going to throw out as too big for me. You would never know.

Seeyounearertime Wed 27-Apr-16 10:22:03

I wear women's jeans quite often as I find mens jeans are quite stiff and rigid whereas the same jean in the women's section have a little more stretch, makes them far more comfortable.

I don't anyone can tell, and even if they did, so what?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now