Help me find a new lipstick

(9 Posts)
Karcheer Tue 26-Apr-16 09:18:53

Hello,

I need an everyday lipstick, that's easy to wear but makes me look made up iykwim.

I was diagnosed an autumn a while back, so obviously something warm.

I'm passing by a large but not huge Boots today or Selfridges tomorrow, but would prefer not to spend thousands :/

Thank you!

botemp Tue 26-Apr-16 09:30:41

I think they should be out now in the UK (they were launched here earlier), the Chanel Rouge Coco Stylos, they aren't a full on bold lip but not too wishy washy either, it's a really easy way to wear colour.

leedy Tue 26-Apr-16 12:07:10

If you're in a big Boots, the new Soap & Glory lipstick range is v nice and not super spendy - the Berry Kissable one on me is a great sort of light red/my lips but better, slightly satiny-matte, and I can see myself wearing it A LOT.

Otherwise, for department store brands you might find one of the Clinique Pop shades work (the texture is lovely) - I find Blush Pop a good everyday shade.

Lipstick Queen Saint lipsticks are brilliant for everyday wear but I've only ever seen them in Space NK.

BubsAndMoo Tue 26-Apr-16 12:38:25

Nars Audacious in Racquel is my current fave neutral, it's a slightly peachy nude and works on most skin tones without either making you look washed out or being too obvious. The formula is lovely and creamy, and I find it fairly long lasting on me, plus the packaging is gorgeous, it has a magnetic close so the lid won't come loose in your bag and feels very satisfyingly luxurious when you pop the lid on! I get my Nars in Selfridges (after repeated appalling service at SpaceNK!)

A more mid-range option would be Mac, they have loads of options and if you can catch an available assistant they're usually pretty good at trying them out etc. I am liking 'Modesty' at the moment as a pinky nude.

I'd also second the suggestion of Chanel Rouge Coco above although I can't recommend any particular shades as all my Chanels are fairly un-neutral! But they are gorgeous lipsticks great formula and you're-worth-it packaging as well smile

sue51 Tue 26-Apr-16 14:19:07

My current favourite for everyday is Mac Mehr. Really long lasting and a good neutral

YesOfCourseAlways Tue 26-Apr-16 18:50:20

My favourite at the moment is Dolly Baby from Rosie at M&S, it's a coral pink, very creamy, lasts a decent length of time on me and I love the packaging.

Darklane Tue 26-Apr-16 20:38:42

The Boots No7 (Chubbystick lookalike) High Shine Lip Crayon is lovely. Daydreamer is a good nude neutral though there are other lovely colours. Or there's their colour match Moisture Drench lipstick if you want a stronger, long lasting shade, they've got little cards to tell you which colours go with their foundations. At the moment it's all on 3 for 2 as well.

sarah2011 Tue 26-Apr-16 20:39:21

Mac velvet teddy

RunswickBay Tue 26-Apr-16 20:40:38

Max factor raisin is lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now