Foundation...if I am Fresco 2C3 in EL Double Wear

(8 Posts)
murphys Tue 26-Apr-16 08:14:53

and Beige 107 in Clarins True Radiance, which budget foundation should I look out for?

There are no samples at all of the cheaper ones that I would get from pharmacy to take home. They have this tiny tube to try there in the shop, but I just cant tell from putting on my hand. So I left without any about 3 times now. I love the Clarins TR, but I really cant afford that one at the moment. I am not in UK so these are a few of the options that I have looked at, but didn't yet buy as can't work out what my shade would be...hmm

I was thinking of Bourjois Healthy Mix
Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème (we get here but limited shades)
Revlon Colorstay
Rimmel Wake up
Maybelline Dream matt mouse
Then there are the Loreal ranges that I have looked at but didn't try out on the hand test.

I have spend ages in the shop trying these on my hand, but as I cannot get a sample of them at all, I put them back every time as I have bought a few which I thought looked ok, but when tried them out properly, really are not great (Physicians Formula Mineral Wear in Natural Beige is one of these).

Combination skin, which tends to get a bit oily from time to time.

Thanks in advance.

ZacharyQuack Tue 26-Apr-16 09:19:51

Try Temptalia's Foundation Matrix.

Based on your examples, you are a similar shade to me. I use L'Oreal True Match in Vanilla (and really like it), and most Rimmel foundations in Ivory.

I don't know if this link will work, but here are your results.

ZacharyQuack Tue 26-Apr-16 09:21:20

Can you take a wee jar to the shop and sneakily put a squirt of your likely candidate in it, so you can take it home and try it properly?

murphys Tue 26-Apr-16 09:36:55

Thank you so much Zachary, I didn't know about this site.

This helps a lot.

slinkysaluki Tue 26-Apr-16 16:27:40

Try www.findation.com it's a really useful site that matches your current foundation shade to other brand shades

SorrelForbes Tue 26-Apr-16 16:32:23

I use Fresco 2C3 and also use Boots No.7 in Cool Ivory (Lift and Luminate foundation).

SorrelForbes Tue 26-Apr-16 16:35:47

I've just tried matching the above two on the Temptalia site and it recommended MAC NW20 and NARS Mont Blanc. I've tried both and they were nowhere near a good match.

murphys Thu 28-Apr-16 07:28:51

I ended up buying Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème in sand beige.

I had it down to two in the shop, the Bourjois Air Mat or the Colorstay. So I took both samples and put one on each side of my face. They didn't have any light colours in the healthy mix, but the Air Mat didn't just glide on easily like the Revlon.

So, I will use the Revlon for everyday use, yesterday I saw a bit of a dry patch on my nose where my glasses sit (don't wear them all the time, but it left a mark..) so I will just use it up now and see if it grows on me. I never noticed this with other foundations though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now