facial sunscreen that doesn't irritate

(10 Posts)
bigbutsrus1 Sun 24-Apr-16 21:52:06

I need of some advice. I am 37 and have quite good skin, sometimes sensitive. All I use is coconut oil to cleanse and good old blue Nivea. I would like to use a sunscreen/block to try and combat ageing and wrinkles (that seem to be sneaking up)! I have used Olay daily fluid but it makes my eyes water like normal sun cream does. I have looked at dermological products but would like some advice from you! Thanks in advance.

MadSprocker Mon 25-Apr-16 09:08:01

SPF is really hard to advise, as it is so personal. My favourite is Clinique city block SPF 40.

U2HasTheEdge Mon 25-Apr-16 09:09:47

biore

Amazing stuff. You can get it from amazon or eBay

www.amazon.co.uk/Biore-JAPAN-Sarasara-SPF50-Sunscreen/dp/B00SM99KWU/ref=sr_1_8?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1461571740&sr=1-8&keywords=biore

I will never go back to anything else now.

NiteFlights Mon 25-Apr-16 14:30:03

I react to most sun creams but am okay with City Block and more recently Boots Soltan Dry Touch which is much cheaper. I also like the Soltan BB cream. Haven't tried Biore.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 25-Apr-16 14:31:08

Ultrasun seems pretty good

CorkyBark Mon 25-Apr-16 21:51:23

As I recall there are two types of sunscreen - physical and chemical. The chemical ones sting my eyes like mad but the physical formulations (zinc oxide, I think) are great for me. They form a physical block rather than sink into your skin like the chemical SPFs.

Someone who actually knows what they're talking about will be along soon, I'm sure! I like Paula's Choice Resist SPF30. Light blue tube. Totally stops my oily skin from shining all day.

Ememem84 Mon 25-Apr-16 21:58:06

I use this. It's great. Not greasy. Doesn't dry my skin works with my moisturiser.

It is pricey. About £43 a bottle. But. You only need a teeny amount. I wear it every day (pretty much). That bottles lasted me 9 months

AdoraKiora Mon 25-Apr-16 22:01:28

The only one I have found that doesn't irritate my (similar) skin is Biore watery essence SPF50. You can get it on Amazon.

piddleypower Mon 25-Apr-16 22:04:11

I use City Block too, its a good price.

Savagebeauty Mon 25-Apr-16 22:05:21

Dermalogica do a factor 50 Agesmart moisturiser

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now