Do you think it's worth tinting sparse, fair eyebrows?

(21 Posts)
HeresJohnny Sat 23-Apr-16 19:33:27

At the moment I sort of shade them with a pencil or a eye brush palette type of thing. This is by far the longest part of my morning routine - I'd feel naked without eyebrows so I go to great pains every morning to 'perfect' them.
Do you think tinting them would save me all the hassle? I'm reluctant to get them tattooed. I do use the growth serum too but obviously they won't grow overnight but in the meantime I'd like a solution.

Clarkgriswoldforever Sat 23-Apr-16 19:39:30

Yes definitely. The ends of my brows and blonde and sparse, tinting makes them look brilliant (if I do say so myself).

Nepotism Sat 23-Apr-16 19:49:23

Made no difference to mine confused

Chottie Sat 23-Apr-16 19:52:52

For me, it was trying to get the colour right. given up

AgathaMystery Sat 23-Apr-16 19:55:48

It won't stop you having to fill them totally, but I think it'll really help fill them out.

VikingMuchToAllOurLiking Sat 23-Apr-16 19:55:58

Yep. Try with an almost dried out mascara first to get an idea of how they will look.

Mine are becker blonde. I dye them black. Works really well. I touch up with mascara when roots show through. Do it!

Leviticus Sat 23-Apr-16 19:56:12

Yes! If you're fair you'll probably find that you have lots of invisible hairs, which make your brows much less sparse looking once tinted.

Get a kit off amazon and experiment. I use Refectocil (or something similar sounding to that) in mid brown but the colour will depend on how long you leave it on.

AgathaMystery Sat 23-Apr-16 20:01:07

I was going to say - don't do it yourself! Go somewhere like Benefit. It's ££ but it will be done properly and you will get a good idea of how they can look long-term.

HeresJohnny Sat 23-Apr-16 20:19:13

Thanks for the tips. I did forget to add in my OP that the reason I had doubts was because of the potential to stain my skin, at least with powder and a pencil you can edit as you go. Imagining myself turning up to work with brown dye on my skin yet fair eyebrows grin

Clarkgriswoldforever Sat 23-Apr-16 20:27:22

I get mine done at a local beauticians for about £12.50 thread and tint. Most places charge less than £10.00 for a tint.

I'll be honest, I had mine done at benefit once and left short in the pocket and with the dreaded scouse brow shock.

But I know they're very popular so might have just been bad luck for me.

KickingBishopBrennanUpTheArse Sat 23-Apr-16 20:36:09

What about semi-permanent make-up? Lasts 1-2 years. You can have individual lashes too, it doesn't have to look like make-up. Something like thiswww.vanillapodbeauty.com/epibrow-3d-realism-microblading/

KickingBishopBrennanUpTheArse Sat 23-Apr-16 20:36:50

Not lashes, eyebrow strokes I mean, sorry.

LitteRedSparkle Sat 23-Apr-16 20:40:31

i do my own, its really easy, do it on a friday night and the skin staining part will be gone by monday for work, just look at what you are doing

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 23-Apr-16 20:41:12

I tint my own at home as it's a pretty foolproof process.

Mix up the dye, splosh it on the brows, wipe off with some wet tissue paper approx 3 mins later. And that's it.

DerelictMyBalls Sat 23-Apr-16 20:41:33

Definitely. Mine are as you describe and I tint them every two weeks with Refectocil from Amazon. It's the best thing I have used. I use black but you could go for dark brown if you prefer. It's brilliant stuff and far more cost effective than the high street brands.

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 23-Apr-16 20:42:47

And I don't get any skin staining either. I use this kit from Boots.

Frostycake Sun 24-Apr-16 11:09:49

Whenever ive had mine done, theyve always had a ginger tinge, even when the therapist has mixed grey into the brown and only left it on for a few minutes. I use brow gel now - takes seconds.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sun 24-Apr-16 12:16:52

I paid extra at Benefit to have my brows tinted against my better judgement - my brow hairs are dark just sparse.

You'll still have to fill them in if they're sparse so do it if it's for the colour but not if you're thinking you'll save time in the morning!

itsbetterthanabox Sun 24-Apr-16 13:06:09

I get my pale eyebrows tinted. You can't see them otherwise. I don't put makeup on them unless I'm going on a night out. The tinting looks great.
I have light brown. But speak to the beauty therapist about what colour would suit you best, there are many different shades. It's worth getting them shaped at the same time. Tinting shows up the shape better as you can now see all the hairs!

MissBianca Mon 25-Apr-16 15:56:01

I have them tinted and then use that wonder brow gel at home- what a difference, wish I'd done it years ago.

notagiraffe Mon 25-Apr-16 15:58:04

Use brow mascara. Rimmel does a lovely blonde one which darkens the brow just enough to emphasise it, without looking unnatural. Takes seconds to apply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now