viscose tops and creasing.....

(12 Posts)
Gillybobs Sat 23-Apr-16 12:44:38

Clutching at straws here I know but any ideas how to stop viscose tops/blouses creasing sooooo badly. I have several mid priced tops I've bought for work that just look like a dogs dinner by lunchtime. Bought from Boden, Autograph etc so not cheap and I'd rather not abandon wearing them.

I dunno, is there a spray or something I could add to the stream iron? desperate

Frostycake Sat 23-Apr-16 13:15:11

No idea but I wanted to second your post. Such a pain but everything reasonably priced seems to be made of viscose or the dreaded polyester. Lurking for a positive answer.

Gillybobs Sat 23-Apr-16 17:18:40

Links arms with Frosty

It's a bloomin nightmare!

Anyone help?

JohnCheese Sat 23-Apr-16 19:36:18

No help here I'm afraid, just sympathies. I find it fiercely annoying too. I have some heavyweight viscose and it's a tiny bit better but not much. Give me polyester over viscose - at least it has the decency not to crease.

Frostycake Sun 24-Apr-16 08:47:51

But the sweatiness is just awful JohnCheese dont you find? I'm the wrong age to be wearing things that make me sweat unneccesarily.

Tate15 Sun 24-Apr-16 09:37:03

See some lead weights in the hem of the garment so that it is weighed down, thus minimising any creases!wink

JohnCheese Sun 24-Apr-16 10:25:07

Yes, their is the sweaty factor on a hot day. I'm not a polyester fan either but if it were a viscose/polyester choice...
Viscose drives me nuts tho, it'S as bad as linen for creasing. I'm not keen on its feel factor either. And its propensity to shrink no matter how carefully I wash it.

It's fair to say I'm not that keen on viscosegrin

JohnCheese Sun 24-Apr-16 10:26:25

Oh my sainted aunt. Did I just write their
Shock horror. Throw me off Mumsnet. Clearly I mean there

ZaZathecat Sun 24-Apr-16 10:40:09

I wonder if spray starch would help? I think I'm going to try it on my viscose shirt. Kill or cure. I don't care, if I don't do something to it I'll never wear it anyway.

No idea. I can cope with viscose jersey but the viscose pretending to be thin cotton is awful. I've stopped buying it and got rid of all but one item.

Gillybobs Sun 24-Apr-16 11:39:56

Zaza, that's what I was hoping someone would say was the answer! Think I'll give it a go. Got too many lovely tops not to at least give it a try.

dragonsarebest Sun 24-Apr-16 13:07:47

Yep, viscose jersey or viscose blend is good but the normal stuff drives me nuts by creasing and/or shrinking. With regret I've started avoiding it too, but it'll be interesting to hear if the starch spray works. I wondered if superconditioning it might make a difference too, by keeping the fabric a bit moister - but I've not tried it. Not sure how pleasant it would be to wear either, come to think of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now