Sun damage spots

(9 Posts)
MiniCooperLover Fri 22-Apr-16 20:24:36

I don't mean freckles which I don't mind (of which I am prone thanks to my Irish skin), but I have a couple of larger splodges ( for want of a better word) on my face, around my nose and eyes. Does anything work to minimise these? I wear sunglasses regularly which has kept wrinkles at bay but the marks are there.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 22-Apr-16 20:28:17

Yes, it took me quite a long time, quite a few months, but a large brown sunspot over a good portion of my nose disappeared after I used Eucerin spot corrector. This is over two years ago, and it's totally disappeared.,

MiniCooperLover Sat 23-Apr-16 08:20:52

Thanks I'll look out for that! Where would you normally buy it ?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 23-Apr-16 08:50:02

I think I bought it online. I think it's actually called 'brightener' rather than spot corrector. It does take a while but stick with it. I was so self conscious of my big brown splodge, it's now totally gone.

starfish4 Sat 23-Apr-16 10:48:28

I don't know if they stock that particular product, but Boots stock the Eucerin range.

burnishedsilver Sat 23-Apr-16 10:59:06

I have seen the eucerin it in boots. Peptabrite is mentioned on here a lot but it gave me spots (v unusual for my skin) so I had to stop using it before I saw any results.
Clinique do a similar product that gets very good reviews.

I am using a retiniod in the hope that if I am patient enough it will eventually pay off.

Cass168 Sat 23-Apr-16 11:03:43

Mine seem to fade every winter, and I always, always wear a moisturiser with spf now which has helped reduce their reappearance each year.

ElspethFlashman Sat 23-Apr-16 11:08:21

Shit loads of spf will stop it worsening. Retinol did nowt for me. I'm now trying vitamin c (la Roche Posay Redermic C) to see if it does a better job.

plentyofshoes Sat 23-Apr-16 11:26:54

The Clinique one worked for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now