What top to wear with a ruched skirt?

(6 Posts)
Cerseirys Fri 22-Apr-16 18:42:54

I bought the Hush ruched skirt[[https://www.hush-uk.com/m/womenswear/daywear/skirts/modalruchedskirt1black.htm ]] but am not sure what sort of top to wear with it. Every top I have in my wardrobe doesn't look right with it and I'm not a fan of wearing things tucked in. The top pictured with it is a bit pricey and anyway, when I tried a similar top from H&M it just looked way too big and baggy. Any ideas?

Tanaqui Fri 22-Apr-16 19:16:02

I am having the same problem, though I have the Boden version, here: m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-skirts/wg657/womens-ruched-skirt

Maybe a loose v necked t?

Floisme Fri 22-Apr-16 19:22:35

Normally I wear with something a bit oversized/slouchy to counteract the skirt e.g. I think the Boden relaxed V-neck works quite well : www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-knitwear/jumpers/wv080/womens-everyday-relaxed-v-jumper

Or a loose fitting sweatshirt kind of thing.

Or sometimes I go completely the other way with a fitted, round neck cardi.

keeponkeepinon Fri 22-Apr-16 19:32:06

I've just got the boden one. I'm planning on wearing it with t shirts, denim shirt, sleeveless denim shirt, vest tops. Well, most things to be honest. I want to be able to wear with my converse or sandals during the day and a smarter top in the evening.I plan on onit being the skirt version of my favourite jeans, ie it goes with everything!

Greengardenpixie Fri 22-Apr-16 20:41:19

I wear a t-shirt with mine. Like this:

Cerseirys Sat 23-Apr-16 13:35:12

Hmm I must investigate a few more tshirts. My problem is that though I'm quite tall, I'm short-waisted so a lot of longer tshirts look out of proportion on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now