Panicky what to wear.

(8 Posts)
rahlikeatiger Fri 22-Apr-16 09:48:50

Arggghhhh. Just accepted invitation to go out with friends tomorrow night for dinner and drinks. I am on mat leave, live in leggings and have no clue what to wear. Eep. Help. I am pear shaped, mid 30s, size 14 top/16 bottoms - I have looked online and there's so much choice. confused any ideas? X

HeirOfNothingInParticular Fri 22-Apr-16 10:53:56

If it's smart/casual, then I would go for some nice skinny jeans or cigarette trousers, and a nice top. I usually head to Ted Baker.

What sort of stuff do you like?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Fri 22-Apr-16 10:59:37

How about a floaty long line top or tunic with a fitted jacket or little cardi and slim fitting black trousers? Add a chunky necklace and heels.
I always feel more dressed up in heels and make-up.
Have a good time.

HeirOfNothingInParticular Fri 22-Apr-16 11:18:57

That sounds great. You can't really go wrong with something like that.

I got some slim leg black trousers from Monsoon (they are very plain, no sequins!) and they are in a nice weight fabric so flattering. The style is called Bonnie. I got the cropped ones. I am going to a communion tomorrow so will wear them. uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1.8/8460956108

Monsoon do have some nice tops too - they aren't all sequinned numbers. There's 20% off full price today if you have a reward card.

I hope you enjoyed your night out smile

rahlikeatiger Fri 22-Apr-16 11:44:05

Thanks smile I was heading toward the skinny jeans and nice top + heels combo! It's just been so long, beginning to doubt myself. I do really like the cropped style smart trousers - do you wear them with high heels or a smaller one?

I do love Ted Baker - I have a fab blue fitted dress from there that I've worn too death!

Thanks so much for the link, will have a gander. And the tip about accessorising too! X

amarmai Fri 22-Apr-16 14:23:51

my dd swears by the great jeans and top formula when she goes out. Looks good and not overdone. Myself i love a fab dress.

rahlikeatiger Sun 24-Apr-16 08:09:11

Amarmai I went for a dress in the end! I just saw and fell in love with a very pink Ted Baker dress smile thanks for all your help!

amarmai Mon 25-Apr-16 01:09:25

Great choice= PINK and TB!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now