wide fit trainers inspiration needed

(12 Posts)
Danglyweed Fri 22-Apr-16 09:25:57

Live rurally so shopping is always a nightmare. I don't want to have to order several pairs to just find a pair 'that will do'. I want nice comfy trainers!!

Must be wide fitting, preferably in a half size, super comfy, not pink and not cost a bloody fortune. The Skechers memory foam ones sound amazing but I dont know how wide their standard ones are and the wide fitting ones on the website are ugly as hell hmm

Plexie Fri 22-Apr-16 14:02:49

New Balance do wide-fit (D) but I've never tried them on and don't know if they're available in shops or just online.

www.newbalance.co.uk/women/shoes/?prefn1=width&prefv1=D

Filter on D fitting. There are also different categories of shoe (and price!) eg running, lifestyle etc.

RoobyTuesday Fri 22-Apr-16 14:57:50

I have wide fit and I've never found any new balance that are wide enough much to my dismay as I really like them. Nearly all brands are quite narrow in my experience except Nike.
I have Nike air Pegasus in burgundy which I love, are super comfy and a nice colour that go with almost everything.

RoobyTuesday Fri 22-Apr-16 14:58:45

If it's any help I'm a g width so probably quite abnormally wide of hoof! New balance D fit may be fine for you OP.

RoobyTuesday Fri 22-Apr-16 14:58:49

If it's any help I'm a g width so probably quite abnormally wide of hoof! New balance D fit may be fine for you OP.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 22-Apr-16 18:01:54

Fashion or running?

I like my Karrimors, they're very wide and super comfy, I run in them. They're not especially attractive! I like Vans for day to day.

I've got similar to these in grey. www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor#dcp=1&dppp=100&OrderBy=rank&Filter=AACT%5ERunning%7CASUB%5ERunning+Shoes+-+Neutral

Danglyweed Fri 22-Apr-16 20:25:47

Ah thank god for replies.

plexie Will def have a look over the new balance, ok just had a wee look, my they are bright!! Haha saw a couple I do like though, will have a good look.

roobie im currently wearing boys nike air lite as they come in a 6.5, theyre ok fit wise but not breathable at all. Ive actually no idea what actual width my feet are, but a lot of shoes do almost fit so cant be too wide? Who am I kidding? Skinny but wide feet hmm

felicia no def not running... or fashion really lol I cant be doing with wearing heels day to day so trainers it is. my dad actually took me into sports direct to try on a pair of karrimors as he swears by them, but the only colour I liked in store were really low on the heel, otherwise very comfy and didnt make my feet feel too big either. Totally forgot about them until I saw your post!! I rotate between the above mentioned nikes and a lovely pair of DC that kill my heels sad

dontstopmenow Fri 22-Apr-16 21:03:27

I have very wide feet and most sketchers trainers are fine for me (eee fitting wide clod hoppers are my feet)!

Danglyweed Fri 22-Apr-16 21:22:42

Ooh interesting dontstop, I just want the memory foam comfort!! Now im sat wondering just how wide eee are... the clarks toddler measuring gauge is just no use hmm

StillCalendula Fri 22-Apr-16 22:06:59

Sketchers memory foam trainers stretch widthwise very quickly. After one day's wear mine were actually too wide and I slop around in them now. I have wide feet. You should be OK.

Danglyweed Sat 23-Apr-16 09:43:34

Ah thanks still, typically the day I saw them at the shops they didnt have my size so couldnt try on

Danglyweed Tue 26-Apr-16 15:27:53

Update, managed to fit in an imoromptu shoe shop. Got some skechers. Fit lije a glove so here's hoping smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now