Linen blazer or jacket - for interview

(11 Posts)
herecomesthsun Fri 22-Apr-16 07:43:09

Can you help me find a linen blazer or jacket please? I am thinking that one in natural fibres, ideally linen, would be good, but would prefer Gallic chic to WI if possible. Any ideas?

herecomesthsun Fri 22-Apr-16 07:45:29

NB needs to accommodate 32Hs, but I do have a waist. I am thinking a single breasted blazer. Am wondering about the Ines de la Fressange Uniqlo ones, but had to send last order back, am wondering about the quality of Uniqlo tailoring.

Have considered Pepperberry but their navy blazer is manmade fibres and fear this would be too hot in summer.

Chewbecca Fri 22-Apr-16 09:06:19

John lewis grey or navy

Not sure about a linen jacket for interview though, I'd be worried about crumpling.

burnishedsilver Fri 22-Apr-16 10:03:58

I would also worry about linen looking too creased. I look like I've slept in my clothes if I wear linen.

JohnCheese Fri 22-Apr-16 10:11:59

Agree with linen, looks a heap in 30 seconds. Or at least, I look a heap in 30 seconds in it. Cotton? Whistles usually do a cotton jacket every year. I've had a few and they've always worn well. I find Zara good for jackets too.
I don't know how to link from the Zara app

domesticslattern Fri 22-Apr-16 10:15:24

Are you sure you want linen? Do you live somewhere tropical?

WhiteHairReally Fri 22-Apr-16 10:22:34

Sounds like something your grandmother would recommend but have a look at Viyella/Country Casuals. Lots of jackets that nip in at the waist and accommodate my 32Gs. Linen/cotton too and massive reductions ( on initially steep prices) right at the moment.

Their sizing is cheeringly generous. Size down one size ( or get both and return)
Good luck with the interview.

WhiteHairReally Fri 22-Apr-16 10:33:32

Just got an email from Viyella etc. 'Last 24 hours on 20-70% off everything' ( until they extend it...)

RaisingSteam Fri 22-Apr-16 10:54:08

The Uniqlo INES jackets are nicely made but very long and very casual/unfitted. I ordered a couple but sent back. I would go for the right fit, and something that looks linen-like and summery without being pure linen or it will just get creased.

I'm just about to list a BNWOT size 14 pale grey Hobbs jacket on ebay, it's wool but looks very summery. I'll pm you details if you like. It's lovely , but I'm too short waisted/armed for it. If you are average height it might be OK?

RaisingSteam Fri 22-Apr-16 10:57:22

It's this one - Gabriela BTW

herecomesthsun Fri 22-Apr-16 20:55:21

I was thinking I would like to wear a jacket but not wool or polyester (maybe jersey would be ok? there is a Pepperberry one, but artificial fibres).

I often wear linen jackets in the summer, I have a Laura Ashley cream one, but it rained and it got a bit stained at the collar by hair dye. I also have a lovely navy Paul Costelloe one, but it has possibly seen better days. I think I can get away with linen jacket/ smart dress for interview, although I have been inspired by another thread and ordered some things for collect from Austin Reed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now