boden ruched skirt - worth it?

(5 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Thu 21-Apr-16 17:44:29

I've got the boden ruched skirt to try and I am wondering what your experiences are of it. Does it wash well? Keep its shape? No bobbling? At the moment I'm a bit unsure whether to keep it and glad I managed to get it for less than the full price! Not had a chance for proper try on yet though. If it keeps and washes well, it could be a genuine staple for me all summer. I got a cheap tube skirt last summer but its a bit too stretchy and thin and now a bit bobbly. The boden ilooks clearly better quality but ive never bought from them before so opinions welcomed.
Worth hanging on to?

WalkingZed Thu 21-Apr-16 18:33:15

Definitely a good buy!

Love mine

Floisme Thu 21-Apr-16 18:46:34

I wear ruched or plain tube skirts a lot and and just about tried them all, from £6.99 at H&M through to £50+ at Me & Em/Whistles (no longer made). The cheap ones have all looked good at first but gone saggy and bobbly after just a few wears.

I've got the Boden one but only worn it once so it's early days. But it's double layer fabric and feels fairly substantial so I'm hopeful. For example, it feels better than the Baukjen version which I thought was too flimsy. It may not be quite up there with Whistles/Me & Em but then it's cheaper too.

Also Boden have a very good returns policy - up to 3 months if I remember correctly, and no quibbling so if it doesn't wear or wash well you can return it.

keeponkeepinon Thu 21-Apr-16 20:02:08

Excellent, I hadn't even looked at the returns policy, the navy one was out of stock then suddenly re appeared so I bought quickly! Not had a chance to try on with a few tops yet. I can imagine wearing it practically all the time during the summer, I like to keep my knees covered and no risk of skirt blowing up!

Floisme Thu 21-Apr-16 20:16:53

I remember your post - glad you got one at last! I wear them all the time but yes, below the knee only!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now