What would you buy in New York?

(7 Posts)
WhereAreWeNow Wed 20-Apr-16 12:15:46

My sister is currently there for work and offering to bring stuff back. I was in the US for work a year ago and I was surprised by how expensive things were (even things like Gap which I thought would be way cheaper in America).
Are there any bargains that I should ask her to pick up? Any beauty brands that are cheaper than here?

oldlaundbooth Wed 20-Apr-16 13:11:00

Check out Sephora : basically it's like an American version of Boots. Lots of good stuff.

Onsera3 Wed 20-Apr-16 13:16:05

Stuff like GAP isn't cheaper really and I don't actually love the clothes in the States.

But makeup and shoes are cheaper.

Definitely Sephora. They have exclusive value sets which make it even cheaper.

I find Victoria's Secret cheaper there.

CoolToned Wed 20-Apr-16 13:23:43

Makeup. Especially drugstore makeup.

And yes, shoes!

WhereAreWeNow Wed 20-Apr-16 13:43:03

Thanks all. We used to have Sephora here for a while but it didn't stay for long.

I didn't know shoes are cheaper? Any particular brands? Do you mean US trainer brands?

amarmai Wed 20-Apr-16 13:49:00

Boots is better value than Sephora IMO. check out Coach for bags, shoes, clothes -Sacs, J.Crew ,& Anne Taylor,Ralph Lauren. Great Outlet malls near NY.

Onsera3 Wed 20-Apr-16 13:49:39

Yes trainers but dressier shoes like Nine West, Kurt Geiger/Carvela, Steve Madden, Aldo etc Have a look at what they have at Nordstrom etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now