Foundation help please!

(5 Posts)
Smileandwaveboys Wed 20-Apr-16 07:20:33

I am currently using Perfectionist by Estée Lauder. Double wear was too drying.

I loved it at first but lately it looks a bit patchy. Given it was £38, I expect, well, perfection!

I have pale and sensitive skin that reacts easily. Still get the odd spot, even though I'm 37 angry.

At the moment I have red patchy areas over my cheeks which I've never had before. Not sure if rosacea? So any products for that, that anyone can recommend too please!

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 20-Apr-16 07:44:36

I'm super pale, an my skin reacts to absolutely every liquid foundation or concealer I have tried! sad
The only two I've found that I can use without turning into a red, blotchy, itchy, spotty mess, are Bare Minerals original powder foundation, and Lily LoLo Mineral powder foundation. I was worried at first that a powder would be to drying and look cakey, but it doesn't!! I love them both. Lily LoLo's lightest shade (porcelain I think) is also the only foundation I get a perfect colour match with. Even bare minerals in "fair" is only suitable as a summer foundation for me colour-wise

Smileandwaveboys Wed 20-Apr-16 18:04:29

Thanks, I'll have a look at those!

Smileandwaveboys Wed 20-Apr-16 22:56:03

Bump!

bojorojo Wed 20-Apr-16 23:05:48

I think you may find the Laura Mercier range of foundation to be of interest. Several different degrees of coverage to choose from and you can try them out at Space NK to see which suits your skin. My daughter won't look at anything else and she is choosy. Space NK shops have a very good range of foundation by manufacturers that are not really high street names. Not cheap but worth it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now