Toddler shoes

(7 Posts)
MamaAwayOnBusiness Mon 18-Apr-16 21:54:42

Not quite style but don't know where else to post. My 2 year old DS has taken up scooter riding with gusto, but he hasn't learned to use the break yet and breaks with his foot. His shoes are trashed in less than a month, with rubber worn through and a massive hole in the leather. I try to get him footwear with decent support as his feet are still being formed and I like to buy new but I can't face forking out another £50 that are just going to get worn through in a few weeks. Does anyone know any cheaper decent shoes I can get him?

CallMeMousie Mon 18-Apr-16 21:59:34

I have got startrite and other decent branded shoes for DS from t k maxx before. Also had some from www.shoesforkids.co.uk which were good. Kids' shoes are so expensive. I looked into the barefoot ones recently as I love the idea - £60 a pair! And they'll be outgrown in a couple of months. We're lucky to be able to afford decent shoes, it makes me angry that people on a tighter budget should have to compromise on something so important.

Pinkcadillac Mon 18-Apr-16 22:16:45

google Garvalin - excellent quality and plenty of choice around £25-30

motherigloo Mon 18-Apr-16 22:20:18

We got cheap supermarket shoes just for scooting! The tesco pair I bought are actually standing up very well!

ChorusLine69 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:40:29

Jones the bookmakers have an outlet section on their website and recently I've picked up a couple of pairs of shoes for my DS for around £16 per pair - much better than paying the full price. Clarks occasionally have good eBay sales. You can buy foot measurers to use at home to make sure you're buying the correct size.

ChorusLine69 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:42:31

Ps should have said that both the pairs of shoes from jones the bookmakers were startrite and really good, sturdy shoes

MamaAwayOnBusiness Tue 19-Apr-16 08:53:30

Thank you everyone! I had a look at TK Maxx website and nothing there in his size, but I'll have look in our shop too.

pinkcadillac thank you for reminding me of Garvalin, his first ever shoes were from them, bought in Europe, will definitely google them.

And good suggestion for Jones outlet too, I didn't know about it.

Thank you for your suggestions everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now