Buying new bras while breastfeeding

(6 Posts)
pregnantgrump Mon 18-Apr-16 19:16:30

Would be grateful for some advice. Working 4 days a week. Breastfeeding 10 month old at night - every 2 hours or so. Do not have time to pump at work so boobs quite full by 5. Maternity bras now loose around the back and looking a little worn. Was wondering whether I could buy underwired ones to wear during the day. Is this ok? Will my boobs change size again when I stop?

BluebellGal Mon 18-Apr-16 20:59:39

Yes you can wear underwired bras, in fact I don't know why they are not more widely available as you need all the support you can get when breastfeeding!

The Anita Maternity bras are the best - they are amazing. £50 in Rigby and Peller but same bras I've paid as little as £20 on Amazon. I've had three and have been so comfy and supportive.

www.figleaves.com/uk/product/ANT-5068/Anita-Maternity-Smooth-Underwired-Nursing-Bra/?size=&colour=Black&c=ppc&src=gguk_feed&gclid=CNmnt7n8mMwCFUE_GwodxK8Kyg&gclsrc=aw.ds

BluebellGal Mon 18-Apr-16 21:02:10

Here is the Amazon link. Don't think you will be disappointed with these - they are uplifting and like a second skin.

www.amazon.co.uk/Anita-Womens-Seamless-Nursing-Black/dp/B0011ZZ9XG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461009609&sr=8-1&keywords=anita+underwire+nursing+bra

BluebellGal Mon 18-Apr-16 21:04:06

By the way - I went up a cup size as they are on smaller side (seems to be an issue others have too). Back size is same as usual for me.

KatharinaRosalie Mon 18-Apr-16 21:10:44

You don't need nursing bras during the day when you're at work. Just buy normal bras, way more choice. But yes your boobs will likely change size again once you stop completely.

pregnantgrump Mon 18-Apr-16 21:26:49

Thanks so much. Very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now