If you say you moisturise with Aveeno....,

(19 Posts)
midnightmoomoo Sun 17-Apr-16 21:04:30

.....which one do you use? Is it the stuff that comes in the pump bottle? My youngest has it prescribed for his skin and I've read on here recently that people use Aveeno on their face so I'm assuming it's the same stuff that you pick up from the body lotion ailse.

Housewife2010 Sun 17-Apr-16 22:26:09

It is. The Aveeno cream (in a pump bottle or smaller tube) It's great stuff. I'm suffering from an eczema outbreak so am slathering it on at the moment.

Indecisivejo Mon 18-Apr-16 07:31:54

Coconuts are u being naughty and trying a new product on ur face again??

carrie74 Mon 18-Apr-16 12:38:57

I only use Aveeno on my body, and tend to buy the shea butter one (but there's a gorgeous one in the US that dries and feels as though you're got a very fine sheer powder on the surface of your skin, it's really lush).

midnightmoomoo Mon 18-Apr-16 12:43:55

Yes Jo...... I am to face cream what you are to shampoo I think!! grin

freshprincess Mon 18-Apr-16 12:49:35

I use the pump one but only on my dry skin on my body.
Seems a bit rich for my face, but I don't suffer from dry skin on my face, weirdly.

midnightmoomoo Mon 18-Apr-16 12:58:37

carrie what is the powdery US one called please? DHs new job means monthly trips to the US so he can track some down for me!

Indecisivejo Mon 18-Apr-16 13:35:49

gringrin coconuts, mine goes in phases so at the mo it's shampoo (just bought the awapuhi) but next month could be face stuff AGAIN or could also be foundation lol who knows so keep an eye out for me ha ha. By the way I have tried aveeno on my face and I felt like I had a plastic coating on my skin but I know lots of people swear by it. The one with blue lid I think it's called skin relief is meant to be better than the original green top one.

Indecisivejo Mon 18-Apr-16 13:36:28

Oh forgot to say are u not getting on with the olay one any more or the Liz Earle ones?

carrie74 Mon 18-Apr-16 14:22:26

CoCo it's a pump one, "Daily Moisturising Lotion, Sheer Hydration" 'absorbs in seconds with a powder-like feel, hydrates for 24 hours, fragrance free'. Good luck!

carrie74 Mon 18-Apr-16 14:23:45

Skin Relief is the one I use here in the UK.

midnightmoomoo Mon 18-Apr-16 16:01:07

Carrie thank you, that sounds lovely! DH is back there next week so I will add it to his my shopping list!

Jo I think you're my long lost twin!! I'm the same fickle and I always think there's something better out there!! I've used up my Liz Earle which I love but it's expensive so I'd really like to find a cheaper alternative. I like the Olay as it doesn't make my skin feel greasy and hasn't broken me out. I read the thread about finding a favourite moisturiser and a couple of people said Aveeno which I've not thought of trying on my face before.
Let me know how you get on with the Paul Mitchell shampoo!!

Indecisivejo Mon 18-Apr-16 16:23:40

Ha ha I think so too! Thought I was the only one like this!
You're now doing exactly the same thing I did on my last phase, I tried to find cheaper alternatives and ended up with spots and rashes galore! So just be warned lol I think I end up spending more on trying cheaper stuff than if I was to just buy what I know I like if that makes sense?
I hope I like the shampoo too lol I paid full price from salon cos I needed it NOW I couldn't wait for an online order ha ha, I'm now very excited about washing my hair in the morning how sad am I!

midnightmoomoo Mon 18-Apr-16 17:20:34

I do the same Jo in spending as much on lots of cheap products as one pot of something expensive! I pass on to my mum a lot, I don't think she's bought a moisturiser for twenty years!!
I wonder if I'm like it because my mum has always washed her face with soap and followed with Olay, then ever since I discovered the Body Shop at about 14, my hand me downs!! Oh, just doing the maths.....make that 28 years!!!! Crap!

Indecisivejo Mon 18-Apr-16 17:29:40

Ha ha my mum was exactly the same! She washed with only water then Olay! Now I've made her like me, oops.
My mil and sil often get carrier bags full of unwanted stuff, they love it lol I'm saving them a fortune!

WhereYouLeftIt Mon 18-Apr-16 17:46:24

I use the daily moisturising lotion on my face. There used to be a lavender-scented version, but it seems to have disappeared off the shelves. The cream I use on my hands and to deal with the occasional bit of eczema.

dragonsarebest Mon 18-Apr-16 17:48:50

I've just finished off a bottle of the lavender stuff, it was really nice. Powdery lavender, not too heavy.

I like the creamy oil stuff too.

miniswin Mon 18-Apr-16 18:10:51

I use both the green and the blue topped pump bottle ones (whichever is handy) on body and face, and also the hand cream. All are great, hand cream leaves a residue if you put on too much which sort of flakes off in little rolled up bits, never had that problem with the stuff in the big bottles. It also gets on quite well with fake tan, if you're that way inclined, good for moisturising ankles and elbows before and after. Find that my combination skin does quite well with it, better than a lot of loreal/garnier etc. specific face creams, and it's not greasy at all. Doesn't leave much of a nice sheen when used as a body lotion, but it definitely does the job as a moisturiser though.

midnightmoomoo Mon 18-Apr-16 20:44:56

I found I can't use the hand cream, makes my hands itch for some reason although the green lidded pump stuff is fine. Have used it this evening on my face and it feels nice but I think it may not be the right texture under make up. I'll try it in the morning. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now