Are maxi dresses still in?

(6 Posts)
Snoopydo Sun 17-Apr-16 09:03:17

I've got a lovely maxi dress that I have had for several years but I didn't wear it at all last summer. I am wondering if they are still in. Will you be wearing yours this summer?

MizK Sun 17-Apr-16 09:10:25

Personally I think they are classic so will always wear mine. I like the slimmer jersey styles though, not the billowing bohemian style.

marmiteloversunite Sun 17-Apr-16 09:19:16

I have seen lots of them in the shops. I gave quite a few but didn't wear any last summer either. It might have been the lack of sunshine but I felt frumpy every time I put one on.

5tardusty Sun 17-Apr-16 09:38:26

I like mine in summer with a denim jacket

jellyjiggles Sun 17-Apr-16 14:20:35

I'm not bothered I have plenty and I will be wearing them! Especially on hairy Mary days grin

ShesAGreatGas Sun 17-Apr-16 18:23:15

They divide opinion on MN.

Personally, I love a maxi dress once proper summer arrives.

I like the long, straight 't-shirt' style ones on other people - really versatile and classic.

I'm a tall hourglass, though, so they are alway too clingy around the boobs and bum on me. I tend to go for ones with thickish straps, a v-neck and proper maxi length (not ankle skimming) in heavy jersey and in classic colours - navy, grey, white. Boden are pretty good for that most years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now