Does this footwear exist?

(43 Posts)

Following on from the comfortable sandals thread:

Is it possible to buy a pair of shoes that is:

Basically like a trainer BUT either ballet shoe shaped or at least just slip on? So basically trainers but that only cover a bit of the foot so won't be as hot as normal trainers in summer.

NOT Skechers. Not the ballerina Converse, as they are not padded enough. Must be plain black or grey, and not have a big white sole.

I've tried searching but don't really know what to search for!

RoosterCogburn Sat 16-Apr-16 14:51:34

Are you 100% against Sketchers because the Skechers Womens GO Walk Everyday Trainer is pretty much what you have described.

tethersend Sat 16-Apr-16 14:56:12

any good?

SwedishEdith Sat 16-Apr-16 14:57:26

It doesn't exist. I've ordered 11 pairs of shoes in the last 2 weeks to try on. <weeps>

Rooster - they are far too wide for me. Have tried them. Thanks - but yes, that's the sort of thing I'm after.

Tethers - maybe. It's ugly though - would deffo prefer plain old black with no weird texture stuff! smile

RoosterCogburn Sat 16-Apr-16 14:58:40

Ah, my feet are as broad as they are wide so they suit me down to the ground. In fact, they are actually a bit too narrow so I have to break them in with socks to widen them.

margaritasbythesea Sat 16-Apr-16 14:58:53

Any good?

RoosterCogburn Sat 16-Apr-16 14:59:42

I'm wracking my brains because I tried on something similar that was far too narrow - I'll return if I can remember what brand they were.

FadedRed Sat 16-Apr-16 15:00:58

Clarks 'Wave journey' in black?
www.clarks.co.uk/p/26103965

No to that, Margarita. And even I liked them, I couldn't afford them!

No to the Clarks one, Faded.

NicknameUsed Sat 16-Apr-16 15:05:15

It's a pity you don't get on with Sketchers. I bought these recently and they are amazingly comfortable, and less unattractive than their other shoes.

I must admit that I am a Sketchers fan though. Once you have walked for miles on their cushioned soles nothing else feels as comfortable.

Maybe I could try the Skechers with an insole?

margaritasbythesea Sat 16-Apr-16 15:07:16

I don't like them either.

Navy no use though.

grin

margaritasbythesea Sat 16-Apr-16 15:08:53

Nor these

I'm looking at sandally things so will post anything remotely relevant .....

tethersend Sat 16-Apr-16 15:09:43

I like these but can't find them in the UK...

Yikes to those M&S ones.

These look fairly inoffensive though, no?

Yes, I do quite like those Nike ones.

margaritasbythesea Sat 16-Apr-16 15:15:27

Just went through all the marks shoes trying to spend some vouchers. No success. BTW those M & S ones you linked to on the sandals thread are worse than they look in RL. Saw them last week. Very almost nice but really not.

Bugger. Thanks, Margarita.

carrielou2007 Sat 16-Apr-16 15:37:48

I've got several pairs of shoes like that, a pair from Timberland with a strap across were fab when I was pregnant, anther pair can't think of the name at the min, a pair by Nike again with a strap and a few cheapie from Prinark. We walk school/preschool runs on non-work days and they are what I wear I need to be comfy!!

carrielou2007 Sat 16-Apr-16 15:40:32

Out at mum will try to add pics when I get home can't do links

cressetmama Sat 16-Apr-16 16:00:25

these any good?

I bought some a few years ago, and these are the closest to what I bought now available...

Rockport have done something similar in the past, but more ££.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now