Looking for good quality stretchy tube style skirt to just cover knees. Like boden ruched? (Sold out in my size!)

(12 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Sat 16-Apr-16 10:30:18

As above really, I like the look of the boden ruched skirt, it seems to be double layered and forgiving. The navy is sold out in my size though. I don't want see through flimsy fabric and I'd like it to just cover my knees, (I'm short, 5'3").
In fact, I would quite like the plain scoop neck dresses they do as well, though a skirt is probably more versatile.

Any ideas? Don't want to spend a fortune if possible.

Gillybobs Sat 16-Apr-16 18:46:32

Baukjen Karlie skirts , I think Boden copied them, I've had mine two years and absolutely love them. 25pc off the 49 quid price tag with style135

Floisme Sun 17-Apr-16 11:45:56

It isn't ruched but Pure Collection do a tube skirt in a heavy, double layer fabric that smooths out the lumpy bits very nicely. Below the knee. It's a bit ££ (sale on at the moment but it doesn't seem to be reduced) but I've worn mine a lot and I think it was worth the price.

This link only takes you to their home page for some reason but it's called 'Heavy Jersey tube skirt' and it''s in black or navy:
www.purecollection.com/clothing/womens-skirts/heavy_jersey_tube_skirt_jet_marl_20.htm?showDefault=1

nickEcave Sun 17-Apr-16 12:19:56

Kettlewell have just started doing one. I haven't bought it, but the review says it is similar to the Baukjen one but half the price!

Gillybobs Sun 17-Apr-16 13:37:40

The Kettlewell is the same price as the baukjen...and I posted a 25pc off code for the baukjen above. Also the baukjen can be worn below the knee I feel you prefer or pulled up, kettlewell skirt is shorter

hettie Sun 17-Apr-16 16:05:16

Saw some double fabric ones in h&m. Not ruched per SE but would in wearing ifykwim...

CallMeMousie Sun 17-Apr-16 16:07:53

I've got the h&m one - it's dirt cheap (£7.99 iirc) and feels really decent quality (I also have some me&em ruched dresses and I now prefer the h&m skirt!)

Floisme Sun 17-Apr-16 16:16:54

Ooh I didn't know Kettlewell did them and I thought I'd tried every tube skirt known to man. Some good colours too - what a shame they don't do them in two lengths.

I'm a massive H&M fan but I've found their tube skirts lose their shape very quickly, although £7.99's a great price.

Is the Baukjen one still single layer only?

GoulashSoup Sun 17-Apr-16 16:18:56

h&m skirt

I have the h&m one, it is double layered and super comfy. Not ruched though but quite flattering.

WalkingZed Sun 17-Apr-16 16:35:01

Could you ring Boden customer services and see if they can find one for you?

I've tried lots of other ruched skirts and they all make me look pregnant (size 10) but the Boden one is gorgeous on!

sexyfish Sun 17-Apr-16 16:46:41

Hush do a rushed skirt too.

If you like the Boden one they are v likely to get returns so worth calling CS.

keeponkeepinon Mon 18-Apr-16 21:34:08

its not so much the 'ruched' bit as a good quality tube skirt that I am after. Double layer would be good as it would be more flattering. Something I could wear casually or dress up a bit.
What is the sizing like on the boden skirt? I have never bought from boden before. And is it cotton jersey or the fabric with a bit of a sheen?
Oh, and what are their ruched tops like? Good staple or not worth the ££?
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now