Wow, you look like Harley Quinn! smile

EatShitDerek Fri 15-Apr-16 11:05:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Fri 15-Apr-16 11:25:01

Try this

EatShitDerek Fri 15-Apr-16 11:58:15

MaybeLater4 Fri 15-Apr-16 12:10:28

Maybe try doing the plaits when your hair is wet, and leave them in overnight/for 12 hours, I always find this makes them more wavy than if I do plaits dry.

Or I read recently that another way is to do the plaits, then with heated straighteners, press the plaits in the straighteners all the way down, and the heat should help keep it wavy when you take them out (sorry badly explained!). Haven't tried this one myself but might be worth a try smile

Cheesybaps Fri 15-Apr-16 12:35:39

If I do plaits overnight I literally look like a bush.

I do waves using straighteners... takes a tiny bit of practice but I have it down now. You basically twist them one way, then the other way, then back the other way. I'm probably not explaining it well but I'm sure there's a YouTube video somewhere! My hairdresser said its the best way to get waves.

EatShitDerek Fri 15-Apr-16 13:12:00

EatShitDerek Fri 15-Apr-16 14:37:17

longdiling Fri 15-Apr-16 14:40:02

Did you brush your hair after taking the plaits out? Mine just goes bushy if I do that. Running my fingers through it and then spraying salt spray in it seems to keep it properly wavy. Love your hair colour by the way.

EatShitDerek Fri 15-Apr-16 14:41:23

Gingerbics Fri 15-Apr-16 14:53:08

Try Babyliss Wave Envy, just like crimpers but bigger waves!

EatShitDerek Fri 15-Apr-16 15:20:45

DextersMistress Fri 15-Apr-16 15:32:25

Did you plait it when it was wet? This is mine when I braid it and leave it to dry.

EatShitDerek Fri 15-Apr-16 15:48:59

whitesklyer Fri 15-Apr-16 15:49:34

GHD is great to create beachy, loose waves. Take small sections of hair and clamp straightener half way down the section, twist 360* then slide GHD down the the end. add a tiny bit of product then bobs your uncle. Trick is to keep sections small.

EatShitDerek Fri 15-Apr-16 15:55:49

hollieberrie Fri 15-Apr-16 16:00:18

I luffs waves and have tried EVERYTHING (plopping, ghds, plaits, the whole shebang) but this is what works best for me:

wash hair, quick blow dry just the front section so my parting is how I like it, twist damp hair into a loose twisty bun, leave for several hours (often go to work with it like this), let hair out of bun and scrunch with bumble and bumble texturising stuff or boots curl cream.
Then I get lovely waves which last for a couple of days. grin
You have fab hair anyway OP - great colour.

DextersMistress Fri 15-Apr-16 16:03:15

I do have a lot of hair grin

Because it's long and thick, it takes ages to dry so I'll wash and braid it in the evening, then leave the braid in all night and all of the following day and night. That's the result but I probably wash it a lot less than most on here!

lanbro Fri 15-Apr-16 16:09:00

I have poker straight hair and have been on a quest for waves for years...straighteners work best for me but if I plan ahead I wash my hair, rough dry til just damp then twist into a few random buns and leave til the evening (you need to be prepared to spend the day looking a bit odd!) Loads of hairspray on when I take it out and it lasts for about 4 hours!

EatShitDerek Fri 15-Apr-16 17:37:36

ToastMakesMeHappy Fri 15-Apr-16 17:41:26

Eatshitderek your hair is AMAZING, that colour. I have hair envy

FishOn Fri 15-Apr-16 17:44:04

love that red colour - fab

burnishedsilver Fri 15-Apr-16 17:49:02

I think you should try curling it with a curling wand, ghd, or babyliss curl secret after you do the ponytail.

Any time I have tried putting a plat in damp hair, its still damp 12 hours later when I take the plat out.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Fri 15-Apr-16 17:54:02

Plait it at night when wet, blast with the hairdryer in the morning, squirt of hairspray - then undo the plaits. Always works for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now