Help me look as though I have a clue again!

(13 Posts)
MeIAm Thu 14-Apr-16 21:13:05

Hi,

Am currently sat, laptop on, clicking and scrolling my way around Boots and Superdrug. I'm looking for wonder products that will make me feel great every time I use them/it.

Am at the end of a few months self-imposed shopping ban to use up all the other things I've bought. Am at the very end of absolutely everything now, all needs replacing, even my faithful eyelash curlers! Nothing at all has been put on my must repurchase list! Tell me your favourite products (that can be bought while I'm sitting here!) please, before I just add any old rubbish to my baskets!

EatShitDerek Thu 14-Apr-16 21:14:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MeIAm Thu 14-Apr-16 21:22:10

It's everything! I look ok, the things I've been using are all ok but just ok! My problem is I believe the adverts, buy whatever it is and then I'm disappointed that it was just ok! Need real life, no nonsense reviews.

I have make up brushes - you guessed it, they're ok grin not sure which ones I have as they're all different, been looking at the Real Tecniques ones.

EatShitDerek Thu 14-Apr-16 21:24:19

MeIAm Thu 14-Apr-16 21:44:06

Don't wear much lipstick (maybe I should start! Perhaps that's what's missing!)

Forgot all about the body shop! What is their skin/bath stuff like? Haven't shopped there for about 15 years.

Do you use a primer under the Rimmel foundation? I got a matte primer, I think Rimmel, that felt lovely going on and made my foundation sit better but it went a bit dry and flat looking after a few hours. This could've been the foundation though, it was No7.

Have got a couple of hundred pounds to spend, am not sure what my splurge and save items should be. (I know people spend much more than this but it's a lot for me to spend on myself! So I want to spend it wisely).

EatShitDerek Thu 14-Apr-16 21:48:00

MeIAm Thu 14-Apr-16 23:02:08

30% off some of the body shop stuff at the moment.

Saw the sleeping cream - didn't know I needed one but it looked quite nice. See, there's the advertisers dream in me coming out!

MeIAm Fri 15-Apr-16 14:57:49

Have still not spent a single penny but have done lots of research and now have bulging shopping baskets.

Have sort of figured out what items I am looking for so will post here and hope someone who's tried the product can either rate it, give a better alternative or tell me I don't need it at all!

Detoxifying shampoo - have dark, very thick, dyed hair, don't use lots of products but hair's a bit lacklustre and could do with something.

Clarins tan boost for face - is in basket. Don't want to be orange, just a subtle glow! Does it work?

La Roche Possay moisturiser - used this before, remembered that I do like it. In basket!

Serum type thing for evenings? A plumping one possibly? Which leads me onto moisturiser for night time - will daytime moisturiser work with a serum for night?

Anyone any thoughts on these products to start with? All opinions greatly received grin

Youknowitmakessense Fri 15-Apr-16 15:00:46

Serum: Vichy aqualia ( the best imho)

Some glow tonic ( pixi woo) or nip + fab pads.

LRP stuff always good.

I've not used the clarins tan boost...sure it'll be good though

scandichick Fri 15-Apr-16 15:04:25

Daytime moisturizer is usually less rich that night cream, it may have spf as well which obviously is a bit wasted at night. I'd actually rather use night cream during the day, but I like rich creams.

LRP is great, effective and affordable. Vichy is another French pharmacy that dues a much lauded serum (Acqualia) - or Boots might have a good discount on their new one?

MeIAm Fri 15-Apr-16 15:06:51

Oooo the Nip Fab pads are also in my basket, have read good things about them on here and they're on offer in Boots at the moment!

When do I use them? At night before anything else or on their own? How often? Which ones are best? There seems to be a few different varieties!

Sorry for all the questions blush

phoolani Fri 15-Apr-16 20:57:16

What's your skin like? For night, I use Drink Up intensive mask from origins. Slap it on before bed and be nice and dewy in the morning. Or do the same with the 8 hour night cream - but this is seriously - can't quite think of the word...sticky?? So you may find it a bit full on. But lovely skin in the morning.

Happytot Fri 15-Apr-16 21:21:44

Sanctuary salt scrub. Fantastic stuff. Great coming up to the summer. You will feel lovely after using it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now