urgent clothing help needed

(15 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Thu 14-Apr-16 11:58:11

I desperately need some new trousers fir work. simple smart black trousers.

here's what I've tried and had trouble with so far- nasty creases down front.

far to much fabric round the crotch and thighs giving duck sides.

stupidly long legs

just so baggy everywhere.

I'm a size 16 amd have an arse that has its own orbit. so flattering as possible is needed.

tia

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 14-Apr-16 12:09:02

DonkeyOaty Thu 14-Apr-16 12:13:23

I got a surprisingly decent pair from bon marche blush

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 14-Apr-16 12:15:49

you mean it's possible to enter without bursting into flames or aging 40 years in an instant? shockwink

FauxFox Thu 14-Apr-16 12:18:08

gap can be good...or oasis?

FauxFox Thu 14-Apr-16 12:19:37

or these from m&s have good reviews?

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 14-Apr-16 12:25:21

hadn't thought of m &s thanks. although those do look to straight cut. I am ample of thigh so do begged witg boot cut or boy fit sad or those gap ones would be good.

IGIG Thu 14-Apr-16 12:28:58

Exact same problem except my arse is fat and flat.
Have tried Next mostly, not very good fit.
Another problem is the material, too synthetic/clingy/ shiny.
As weather is getting brighter / warmer, cotton would be better but the ones i found are too wide leg sad

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 14-Apr-16 12:32:08

my arse is fat nd flat too. nothing looks good sad

just came from.from next which is where I encountered the issues I posted above sad

swimster01 Thu 14-Apr-16 13:31:00

Sainsburys do some very well tailored trousers - I tried on a pair recently and would have kept them other than the waist was on the tight side for me. Very well cut though.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 14-Apr-16 13:32:08

I shall look! thank you

Auntpodder Thu 14-Apr-16 13:37:34

Uniglo ankle length trousers are brilliant and does mail order (am roughly the same proportions as you - and feel your pain) www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/172251#thumbnailSelect

Auntpodder Thu 14-Apr-16 13:37:54

Uniqlo even

SpiritedLondon Thu 14-Apr-16 13:40:43

I'm a size 16 and wear M&S for work ( I have a large derrière and smaller waist) and they're fine but you need to try them on as they've gone super cheap on some of the ranges and the fabric feels crap. Autograph is better. There is another thread on here where someone has posted a link to some cool looking trousers from Baukjen. I personally don't know the brand but weirdly have a catalogue which arrived today.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 14-Apr-16 13:52:23

I like the look of the sainsbury ones so far. will go back amd look I'm Marks and Spencer though. see if I can try some on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now