dyeing baby clothes with machine dye

(3 Posts)
dontcryforme Thu 14-Apr-16 10:43:02

I'm thinking of dyeing some of DS's baby clothes using Dylon Machine Dye.
Baby #2 is due in a few weeks and we've not found out the gender. Have quite a bit of baby blue / beige newborn and 0-3 months stuff after DS. Regardless of what gender the baby turns out to be I'm thinking of dyeing some of the stuff 'bright' colours that are unisex, or at least a bold pink for a girl maybe. I like bright stuff! Has anyone done this please? Wondering what colour would work best over baby blue? I guess beige would dye well whatever. Red? Green? Bold aqua? Orange? And presumably the dye itself would be fine for baby? Would give all the clothes a wash and extra rinse afterwards anyway. Thanks!

CaptainWarbeck Thu 14-Apr-16 10:57:03

Don't know about colours over other colours but I've dyed white baby vests a nice deep navy blue using Dylon machine dye. Worked a treat.

niminypiminy Thu 14-Apr-16 11:06:24

I did this. I bought plain white vests and babygrows and dyed them lots of different colours -purple, red, blue, yellow, green... Cheaper and nicer than cutesy and drippy shop bought outfits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now