urgent hair help!

(5 Posts)
MrsMitchell15 Wed 13-Apr-16 23:00:01

Ladies (and gents?), I have a wedding this Saturday and I need to do my hair. However, I am truly hopeless and have no idea what to do with it. I have a sleepy side fringe, and it's about 4 inches below my shoulders with some layers through it.

The style needs to be as easy to create as possible - I had one I practiced tonight and loved but the ride asked to see a photo of me - she's a good friend - and as soon as she and her bridesmaid saw it, I was shot down for having copied the brides style and told I couldn't have it like that. Genuinely, it took me about an hour to do a 5 minute style as my coordination is crap and I have no practice, so was gutted to be told this. But anywhoooo...

Can anyone help with easy updo's that I could pull off with little practice? Pretty please?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 14-Apr-16 10:17:53

I have long hair with a side swept fringe and this is my going out up do..
Keep your fringe loose and tie the rest into a highish ponytail, then section the ends of ponytail into four or five parts.
Take a section and loop it over and secure it at base of pony tail with grips that blend in with your hair.
Repeat for all sections of the ponytail until you have a fancy looking bun.
Leave a few bits loose around your face.

There are loads of hair tutorials on YouTube, you could look at some of the easy up do's on there.
Or if you can afford it, most hairdressers will put your hair up for you (best to take a photo of what you want.)
The bride sounds a bit fussy by the way. I feel a bit sorry for you(!) but hope you have a lovely time.

MrsMitchell15 Thu 14-Apr-16 12:05:09

Yeah I thought it was a bit strange for the bride and bridesmaid to tell me I couldn't have my hair a certain way, especially after it taking me so bloody long to do haha! I'm pretty sure I'm a bloke mentally. Don't really want to go and fork out for a hair do - have a baby due at the end of the month so all funds are going to that and the mortgage right now!

Had a trawl through YouTube but my hair really is lacking thickness to pull off most of them and my abilities hamper the rest blush I'll give your idea a good bash though. That sounds like something I could give an attempt to. Do you twist the bits of ponytail? Or do you put a curl through the length or anything to add volume? Can you tell I'm keen to learn?

Thank you for your reply!!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 14-Apr-16 15:16:25

I don't twist it or curl mine but you could try that to give it some volume.
Another style would be to put your hair in a low bun but leave two sections out at each side of your face. Then take the sections and twist them off your face until you can fix them round your bun. So you have a twisted section on each side going into the bun. You could plait the sections if you prefer.

Good luck smile

Anniefluff790 Thu 14-Apr-16 15:34:25

It's still me just fancied changing my name!

That's the style I went for with the low bun but I managed to roll it and did the side twisty thing. I'll stick with your original idea - it sounds like it will be lovely! Tempted to add some sort of sparkly thing to it though. If that makes any sense?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now