Where to go for bra fitting

(3 Posts)
Lilipot15 Wed 13-Apr-16 19:34:07

I know there are a couple of other bra threads active but they don't mention the best places to go.
I'm still breast feeding and have been either feeding or pregnant for 3 years now, so I have lived in stretchy comfy feeding bras.
But I am back to work soon and need a decent bra. I have put on weight and my old ones don't fit - they are all M and S.
I understand they're not the best, but where do I go in a small town, or do I travel to somewhere bigger? I'm not too far from a bravissimo but I don't think I'm a d cup or above.
I'm not confident enough to measure myself and I also need to look at styles.
BUT, presumably things are likely to change once I stop feeding, albeit only 4 times max in 24 hours, so I'm not looking to spend a fortune!

A d cup really isn't that big - do you have a measuring tape? Measure as described here just to give you a rough idea of your size. If you have more than 4" difference then Bravissimo, otherwise John Lewis are generally ok. Not M&S. They use an old fashioned fitting method where they add 4-5" to your band size, which means you end up in a bra several bands too big and several cups too small

Lilipot15 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:25:13

Thanks - I'll try and locate my measuring tape and do an approximate measurement myself. Are John Lewis cheaper?
Presumably I should antipicate a change once I stop breast feeding too? Although DH informed me he thinks I look a lot smaller, not sure if that was a compliment as I did go on about them seeming too big!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now