M&S Alexa Chung Collection is Out

(58 Posts)
handslikecowstits Wed 13-Apr-16 17:35:01

www.marksandspencer.com/l/women/alexa-chung/alexa-chung-collection?intid=hp_car_1_1_130416_cialexa

Underwhelming?

ScarletForYa Wed 13-Apr-16 17:36:34

Ugh.

AddToBasket Wed 13-Apr-16 17:40:30

God, that's disappointing. I mean, where are the sharp cut black trousers? Why is that cardi in turquoise? I'm annoyed.

handslikecowstits Wed 13-Apr-16 17:54:21

For the most part customers, ranging from students to those in their 40s, were scooping up the Harry blouse in pale pink

From this article: www.theguardian.com/fashion/2016/apr/13/the-alexa-effect-behind-the-scenes-at-the-launch-of-archivebyalexa

I don't know anyone who'd wear this. Honest. www.marksandspencer.com/pure-cotton-ruffle-blouse/p/p60081564?prevPage=plp but loads must be because there aren't many sizes left. confused

originalmavis Wed 13-Apr-16 17:58:04

Shhhhhhh. What's that sound? The noise of a thousand fashion design students sighing in dispair of ever getting a job...

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Wed 13-Apr-16 18:01:13

Fuck me, that'll all awful.

And could the model not have brushed her hair?

stiffstink Wed 13-Apr-16 18:07:43

I would actively avoid anyone wearing the ruffled blouse and I would run very fast away from those shoes. They are so plasticy and awful looking.

Good job I never even attempt to buy anything in M&S (except my horrendous maternity bras that are so uncomfortable I could cry).

JennyHolzersGhost Wed 13-Apr-16 18:14:52

I love the despairing 'help me! Save me!' expression on the face of the model wearing the pie crust blouse monstrosity (2nd pic).

Lottapianos Wed 13-Apr-16 18:18:44

Dear lord. And that's from someone who is really quite partial to a bit of M&S. I don't know why I'm surprised - I think Alexa Chung's clothes are always hideous. She's stunningly beautiful but wears such horrors

YaySirNaySir Wed 13-Apr-16 18:34:21

Dowdy shite as expected

That awful sour faced old gym mistress skirt called 'Effie'

Ef me

Youknowitmakessense Wed 13-Apr-16 18:34:28

I just don't think Alexa Chung ( cool as she might be) is the right sleb for this audience.

I'd rather someone a bit less "fashion editors fave" and a bit more relevant to me ( a late 30s tired working mum).

Awful.

Floisme Wed 13-Apr-16 19:13:56

Not a lot for me there except possibly those wide leg, cropped navy trousers. My days of slip dresses and camisoles are behind me. But they might appeal to my lovely, tall and willowy 29-year old boss and let's face it, she's the target market, not me. I shall ask her what she thinks of them tomorrow.

Celticlassie Wed 13-Apr-16 19:18:59

There are a couple of things I'd maybe wear - the black and white tea dress or the short houndstooth - style skirt - but I'm pretty sure you could get very similar to these things from h&m for half the price.

polyhymnia Wed 13-Apr-16 19:24:58

I guess they're meant to be so dowdy they're 'ironic'.

polyhymnia Wed 13-Apr-16 19:25:50

Eg that awful 'myrtle' jumper.

SewSlapdash Wed 13-Apr-16 19:34:03

One pair of vaguely wearable trousers. Ugh to the rest.

WipsGlitter Wed 13-Apr-16 19:40:47

I looked at them on the Daily Mail site. There as a nice red dress and a green trench coat. Rest? Bleugh. Very 80s.

Kirriemuir Wed 13-Apr-16 20:14:59

The red v neck dress is the best of a shockingly bad bunch. I'd not buy any of it. Even in the sales.

I'd have thought that 29 year old tall willowy bosses wouldn't be v likely to shop at M&S.

I'd have liked the camis when I was a 23 year old slip of a thing but not now on my E cups!

Considering the hype it's had, it's a load of crap. Shame on M&S for getting it so badly wrong, yet again.

AddToBasket Wed 13-Apr-16 20:17:23

That Harry top looks like you went to the dentist and forgot to take the bib off.

Floisme Wed 13-Apr-16 20:21:41

She does sometimes shop there Remus - she was telling me about a skirt she really liked of theirs the other day. Its why I'm curious to see what she thinks.

I wonder if it was the orange one I've been drooling over? grin

Greengardenpixie Wed 13-Apr-16 20:37:58

Its awful sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now