Are NYDJ jeans as good as they say they are?

(9 Posts)
chicaguapa Tue 12-Apr-16 21:51:32

I'm a little bit tempted but I wonder if I should just lose some weight to go down a dress size and save the £100.

So are they worth it?

dudsville Tue 12-Apr-16 22:08:58

I bought 2 pairs on sale, something like £65 & £70. I like them ok. Very comfortable. But they aren't my favorite. Would be curious to know what others think.

Ifonlyiweretaller Tue 12-Apr-16 23:04:46

I am short ( you probably worked that out ) and full in the hip department and oh my god I looked absolutely hideous in this brand! I would push good money to look acceptable in a pair of jeans but these are so not me,

burnishedsilver Tue 12-Apr-16 23:18:57

My mother wears them.
Enough said.

Floisme Wed 13-Apr-16 06:46:26

I wear them.
Enough said grin

Actually.... I hadn't worn them for years but I found them and tried them on again the other day and noticed how mighty fine they made my arse look. So they're back in favour although first I need to figure out how to wear them all over again. (These are high waisted and similar to 501s in shape.)

TK Maxx used to have them (that was where I found mine). Don't know if they still do?

Pisssssedofff Wed 13-Apr-16 11:26:25

Just get 501's

WhatsGoingOnEh Wed 13-Apr-16 11:28:19

They're nothing special. I have bought a pair when I was heavier, but TBH they can't work miracles. Sadly. Losing weight was the only thing that ever truly made jeans look good on me. And then I could wear £8 ones from Primark!

Jubaloo442 Wed 13-Apr-16 12:08:22

Got a pair after another shit attempt at fitting into a pair of 501s. They're decent, or they were until wifey put them in the tumble drier.

BestBeforeDate Wed 13-Apr-16 13:22:57

I bought a pair last year and initially they looked great (and made me look great). But I have to say they haven't worn very well (especially considering I saved them 'for best' to start with). The inside leg seams seem to have developed lots of loose threads, as though they're fraying. I'm not overweight and don't suffer from 'chub rub' particularly, so it's really annoying. I wash them inside out on a cool wash and don't tumble them.

They are really soft, stretchy and comfortable, I'm just disappointed that they're not particularly hardwearing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now