Long body swim suits

(11 Posts)
BettyBi0 Tue 12-Apr-16 16:50:17

M&S used to do a great one every year but I can't find it now sad I need something that offers a bit of support across the tummy and some kind of bra/boob shelf inside. I seem to have a really long body though as most swimsuits start the boob section too low for me and dig into my shoulders.

Any tips?

Vilio Tue 12-Apr-16 16:53:56

I've a long body too so need to size up one or two sizes. That works for me although its not nice to see the tag!
I have a Debenhams one which I got two summers ago. It has the gathering in the tummy and support. It was expensive but lasted well through chlorine and sea water use , although I'm not crazy about the style. I find it is making me look older than I am.

JamieVardysParty Tue 12-Apr-16 16:57:51

Figleaves do a number of long body ones.

Flutterbye Tue 12-Apr-16 18:05:23

Lands End used to do quite a few but I can only find 4 boring ones there at the moment. I have to go for tankini's instead now.

furtivefeline Tue 12-Apr-16 19:03:20

J crew (think it's called ruched tank or something similar) bought on eBay.

DianaT1969 Tue 12-Apr-16 19:11:59

Any of these?
http://m.simplyswim.com/departments/WomensSwimwear/Swimsuits.aspx?State=Style&Style=Longer+Length

adamsmallbone Tue 12-Apr-16 20:19:51

I also have a long swimsuit from debenhams. They still sell it, it's black with pink piping down the sides, not the most exciting garment but it does the job and it has padding in the bust area ( a must for me!). Sorry can't do links. For some reason they don't do the option of long on line but if they sell it in store it's on the label.

RomComPhooey Tue 12-Apr-16 20:21:39

BHS used to do longer fit swimsuits as well as the normal ones. Not sure if they still do, given their financial woes.

MiracletoCome Tue 12-Apr-16 21:01:12

M&S have some longer length ones

www.marksandspencer.com/l/women/swimwear-and-beachwear/?facetOpen=true&cachedFilters=FID_21372002+96+0+50+0+50&priceMin=0&priceMax=50¤tPriceMin=0¤tPriceMax=50&lastSelectedSize=&resultsPerPage=96&display=model&sortBy=product_best_selling|1&pageChoice=1&selectedAccordions=checkbox-2000|checkbox-10|checkbox-5

BettyBi0 Wed 13-Apr-16 07:44:18

Ah Miracleto come - brill! That floral one is exactly the same as I've bought before only bit of an ugly different pattern. I wonder why they told me in store that they had stopped doing them. It's the most flattering swimsuit I've ever owned and very cleverly designed support wise.

Thanks for the other tips. Off to have a look...

tattychicken Wed 13-Apr-16 07:48:00

I got a lovely Figleaves one from eBay, brand new, for £25. V flattering and comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now