shampoo/ conditioner struggle

(12 Posts)
iemma321q Mon 11-Apr-16 16:39:24

I have fine shoulder length hair. Until recently I was using Aussie mate products but I'm trying to save some cash here and there and have been trying to find a cheaper option. Can anyone recommend anything?

MaybeLater4 Mon 11-Apr-16 17:34:10

Baby shampoo! I swear by it

SwingingFromTheChanderlier Mon 11-Apr-16 21:47:17

I like the carino brand of shampoo and conditioner a la Aldi grin

NantucketNightbird Tue 12-Apr-16 07:00:52

With the baby shampoo do you need a conditioner? I've heard it mentioned on here a few times.

PetrolBastard Tue 12-Apr-16 07:05:12

Washing up liquid and Boots own brand conditioner through the last third.

And Boots own brand mousse for volume after washing. Extra hold. Then blow dry and straighten.

Should cost about £3 for the products and I promise it will look better than after Aussie.

Pisssssedofff Tue 12-Apr-16 07:44:02

Washing up liquid ? Really ?

NantucketNightbird Tue 12-Apr-16 08:18:28

Washing up liquid?

Squeegle Tue 12-Apr-16 08:20:14

Aldi as above pretty good and a lot cheaper

Livelifefortoday Tue 12-Apr-16 08:24:36

My hair type is the same op and I've recently changed from Aussie to herbal essences argan shampoo and cocoa butter conditioner. Half price at tesco at the moment! I used to love Aussie and used for years but they seem to have changed the range and it's just not the same unfortunately. Good luck!

MaybeLater4 Tue 12-Apr-16 13:49:01

NantucketNightbird With Baby Shampoo still use conditioner as always but only on the ends. I find it isn't as harsh on the hair as normal shampoo, I use it every day.

Pisssssedofff & NantucketNightbird I second the washing up liquid, not every day however. I use it once every few months. Use it all over the hair, then rinse out, followed by conditioner all over the hair (opposed to just on the ends which I do normally). Makes my hair feel really silky and soft afterwards (Blonde medium length hair).

Tigerblue Tue 12-Apr-16 14:40:26

DD and myself have regularly used Herbal Essences for years - if you go on their website it works out best one for your hair. However, to save money we've tried Alberto Balsam (not bad at all for the price even though prefer HE) and Garnier Blends while on offer, but still go back to using HE - DD had long hair and complains when I try anything else!

PetrolBastard Tue 12-Apr-16 17:15:50

I've had people comment on how lovely my hair looks and it's been washed in washing up liquid.

I use Klorane for every day use, but it never looks as good as with WUL.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now