LVL lashes fiasco

(8 Posts)
sonata1 Mon 11-Apr-16 12:52:07

I had LVL lashes done about 5 weeks ago. The result was great.However, my new lashes are growing through twisted and kinked and matted especially on one eye. I can't even comb them straight to get mascara on. I went back to the salon and she said that they were OK and that I should use a lash comb on them before applying mascara.My question is , do I have to wait for these matted lashes to go through the growth cycle and fall out before new lashes grow straight? Are my lashes permanently damaged? What has gone wrong?

Frostycake Mon 11-Apr-16 15:52:38

I had this which is why I stopped having it done. It really does depend on the beautician's skill in this area (I know they all have training but it's how they apply it that matters and the attention to detail given at the time of the appointment). The person who did them beautifully left on maternity leave and the person who took over had no clue what she was doing or so it seemed.

You have to wait for them to drop out unfortunately. Mine seemed to be lovely when just done but as time went by, they became more matted and kinked and looked frizzy at the ends - even the lower lashes so I suspect the solution isn't neutralised properly or simply keeps on working even after you wash the lashes.

I bought a kit and did my own (following a YouTube tutorial). It was better but not much. I didn't get the frizzy lower lashes but I couldn't get the glue off my eyelids for days and the lashes dropped a bit.

sonata1 Mon 11-Apr-16 21:00:37

Thanks for your reply Frostycake. If I can be sure that I will not have permanently damaged lashes I can put up with them until they fall out and go through the next growth cycle.I use lash serum (Mavala) every night so I am doing what I can to repair the damage.Just a waste of £40 IMO. Oh well, you live and learn.

itsbetterthanabox Tue 12-Apr-16 05:15:02

Sounds like they were over processed. It will grow out. You can continue having treatment once they have.
Please don't do it yourself especially with stuff bought online. These are very strong chemicals and you can cause serious corneal abrasions very easily as someone doing it untrained with one eye closed!

sonata1 Tue 12-Apr-16 08:20:15

I was wondering if the perming lotion had tracked down too far damaging the new lashes ready to come out and that is why they are growing through all kinked and matted?

suzib Tue 12-Apr-16 19:38:13

You need to condition your lashes. It's like getting a perm and not conditioning your hair. There is a specific lvl condition serum you are suppose to use. I'd get some and wait till they are totally back in good condition before doing it again.

sonata1 Tue 12-Apr-16 23:44:06

I am using the Mavala lash serum and have been since before having the LVL .. It was roughly the same price as her "special offer" on the LVL serum. I will not be having it again. That's for sure.

NouveauLashesOfficial Wed 13-Apr-16 15:17:49

Hi Sonata1. We are sorry to hear about the issues you have faced with the LVL treatment, the frazzled result sounds like the lashes may have been over processed, would you be happy to provide contact details on the therapists who carried out your treatment so we can make sure they are defiantly trained with Nouveau Lashes for the LVL treatment. We would recommend to use the Nouveau Lashes Conditioning Serum to help moisturise your lashes and keep them in a good condition (https://nouveaulashes.com/shop/conditioning-serum) please be sure your this has not ruined you natural lashes.
Kind Regards
Nouveau Lashes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now