So which jacket with navy trousers

(11 Posts)
Rocksie Sun 10-Apr-16 22:03:15

I have an afternoon meal to go to in a nice restaurant with a group of friends, 30s - 40s age group. I'm planning on wearing navy cigarette trousers which I already have and getting a new top to wear which I think should be quite easy to find but then I'm stuck with what jacket to wear.

The day will probably go into the evening so need something to see me throughout, as usual weather is really unpredictable which makes it even harder for me to think what to get.

Anyone seen anything suitable? Oh and the cheaper the better!

Rathkelter Sun 10-Apr-16 23:41:27

I think your jacket colour will be dictated by what top you buy.

Rathkelter Sun 10-Apr-16 23:43:00

Do you have a grey / taupe/ brown leather / faux leather biker jacket? That could work with a range or tops.

Rocksie Mon 11-Apr-16 09:27:10

I think the top will be easier to buy than the jacket so I'm happy to start with the jacket.

I only have a black biker jacket.

amarmai Mon 11-Apr-16 11:13:31

how about a pastel - i love pink with navy, also coral,.

TychosNose Mon 11-Apr-16 12:09:45

What shoes are you likely to wear?

cavedescreux Mon 11-Apr-16 14:07:19

I would go for a bouclé type jacket. Mango quite good for high street versions.

Rocksie Mon 11-Apr-16 18:47:48

I forgot about pink amarmai, too late though as I went shopping and got the following top and shoes (still no jacket)

Shoes

top - looks better in RL

Nice idea with the boucle jacket cavedescreux.

blueskyinmarch Mon 11-Apr-16 21:08:06

Maybe it is just me but i can’t see how that yellow (and black? Navy?) top and the red shoes are going to work together with navy trousers.

calzone Mon 11-Apr-16 21:34:17

You have a lot going on there.

Not sure it will work tbh.

Not keen on the top with navy trousers.

vitaminC Tue 12-Apr-16 18:10:59

Run from the bouclé (or any textured) jacket idea!
You have a lot going on already. To pull it all together I think the jacket needs to be very plain and elegant. A longish cream or ivory jacket could work, in a simple cut and smooth fabric, with no embellishments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now