Dry knees

(11 Posts)
cheapandcheerful Sun 10-Apr-16 15:17:51

I'm sure this has been done before so apologies.

My knees are soooo dry, to the extent that I feel I can't inflict them on the world this summer if they remain in their current state.

I think they've been like it for ages but it never bothered me until a couple of summers ago when a male colleague asked me what on earth I'd done to bruise my knees so badly blush I've been a bit conscious of them since then!

So do I just keep moisurising? Anyone else have knees like this? Is there a miracle product out there that I don't know about?

lamusic Sun 10-Apr-16 15:19:40

Body Shop body butter with a layer of Vaseline on top

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sun 10-Apr-16 15:24:19

exfoliate like a demon and moisturise as much as you can

I usually spring into action with a scrubbity doodah after christmas...decolletage, upper arms, elbows, knees, shins, ankles, top of feet

i try not to use too much soapy stuff, just vigorous scrubbing and then slather on whatever lotions and potions I find about the house.

I just bought the Aveeno cream oil, or oil cream... it smells amazing, but I love marzipan.

Kbear Sun 10-Apr-16 22:55:01

Bio oil might help

Greengardenpixie Sun 10-Apr-16 23:03:28

I have elbows like that. Marking the spot!!!
I tried rubbing them with olive oil and salt. Did make them lovely and soft. You could try that?

Blondie1984 Mon 11-Apr-16 02:07:25

Another vote for Aveeno here - just discovered it and it's fab. Think its on offer in Superdrug at the mo too

Blondie1984 Mon 11-Apr-16 02:08:09

Oh and Sanctuary 4 day moisture scrub is good too

rightknockered Mon 11-Apr-16 13:59:17

I've had some success using foot cream that has urea in it

banivani Mon 11-Apr-16 14:06:37

Korean "italy towels" for exfoliating, then moisturise. You're ashy. ;) www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbLjOxlGYqA (Bill Burr on ashiness)

cheapandcheerful Mon 11-Apr-16 19:07:02

Thanks everyone! I am stuck at home with a chickepoxy dd but will be perusing Superdrug as soon as we're released back into the wild grin

redmimi Tue 12-Apr-16 18:49:25

I have to admit to using my Scholl velvet smooth on my dry knees blush. It's done the trick followed by plenty of moisturiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now