help me find this outfit please

(15 Posts)
hairated Sun 10-Apr-16 11:00:19

I saw a waitress yesterday wearing a very full, knee-length skirt with a fitted scoop-neck, long-sleeved top, both black. It was very simple and pretty, with a nod to a 1950s/ballet dancer look without being either of those things. She looked very fresh and modern. (She was wearing white plimsolls with it, I think).

I've been looking online but can't find anything similar. I hate that whole lindy bop / Vivian of Holloway thing that gets posted on here; am not looking for anything like that. I want the skirt to be thick, heavy fabric (and not polyester/nylon).

I know - I should have just asked the waitress! Have any of you seen anything similar?

ThatsIrrelephant Sun 10-Apr-16 14:47:13

Was the skirt a bit like this? www.asos.com/Reiss/Reiss-Andrea-Full-Skirt-in-Black-Jacquard

Does it have to be black? M&S have a gorgeous full orange skirt at the mo, but it is too long for me. sad

member Sun 10-Apr-16 17:20:29

Warehouse have a black denim full skirt which might fit the thick/no artificial fibres thing?

And thinking of denim, Whistles have a gorgeous thick black denim one with a zip. Really nice.

member Sun 10-Apr-16 17:36:46

Also Boohoo have a skirt that's along the lines of what I think of as ballet teacher skirt but doubt the fabric is as long-lasting as ou want ...

here

hairated Sun 10-Apr-16 18:23:22

Thanks for the ideas.

ThatsIrrelephant, it was much fuller than that. More gathered at the waist. And longer - just below the knee.

Remus, it doesn't have to be black. Navy would be good, but am open to all ideas. The top was beautiful too - deep scoop neck, front and back, and long, skinny sleeves.

Member, pretty, but not full enough and polyester!

hairated Sun 10-Apr-16 18:25:57

I like that M&S skirt, Remus!

This is the M&S one - orange or navy.

I used to live in tops like that about 20 years ago, when I was v skinny! Not seen any for ages though.

Lol - crossed posts! I was trying to find a top, to no avail.

SickRose Sun 10-Apr-16 18:39:13

Could it have been a Body rather than a top? They're really popular again at the moment. Like this? http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/asos-petite/asos-petite-body-with-long-sleeve-and-scoop-neck/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5928282&clr=Black&SearchQuery=Long+sleeve+body&pgesize=50&pge=0&totalstyles=122&gridsize=2&gridrow=22&gridcolumn=1

SickRose Sun 10-Apr-16 18:44:18

And is this the style of skirt you meant? http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ted-baker/ted-baker-full-skirt-stripe-border/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6292883&clr=Black&SearchQuery=full+midi+skirt&pgesize=49&pge=0&totalstyles=49&gridsize=2&gridrow=8&gridcolumn=2

(If someone can tell me how to embed links while using the app I would be very grateful!)

hairated Sun 10-Apr-16 21:09:43

Skirt was this sort of shape, but longer - just below the knee.

hairated Sun 10-Apr-16 21:11:04

Sick rose - yes, a leotard sort of shape is right, so it could have been a body.

margiebargie Sun 10-Apr-16 22:04:41

Ok, forget about reproducing the exact outfit - it's just this sort of look I like, I realise. (Either of these)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now