What is your eye make up like for a night out?

(23 Posts)
HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 10:38:23

Cat flicks ar everywhere atm but no good for a hooded eye. Also not the easiest look to achieve.

I use a small amount of eyeshadow, mascara and a pencil on my bottom lash line but have been doing this for years and should probably update my look.

What do you do?

MadSprocker Sat 09-Apr-16 10:42:22

Check out Pinterest for ideas. I use Urban Decay Naked 2. I use suspect on my lid, then snakebite on the outer corner of my eye top and bottom, then tight line along the top with blackout. Sweep of mascara. The liner along the bottom lash line is probably dating your look.

XiCi Sat 09-Apr-16 11:14:20

It's hard to advise without knowing your colouring. I prefer the Too Faced Chocolate Bar to any of the Naked palettes and there are some easy to follow tutorials on You Tube.

If you don't wear liner on the bottom, what do you do? I look and feel a bit naked without it.

keeponkeepinon Sat 09-Apr-16 11:28:16

I put black liner on the top then a little bit of eyeshadow under the lower lashes remus, usually the colour I have used in the socket/outer edge,it sort of makes your eyes pop a bit but its very soft compared to a liner. I usually only do this on nights out. Daytime I just have liner on the top, looks doe eyed and no sliding down of black liner to worry about.

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 11:31:28

Liner on top is impossible for me because of hooded eye.

I have olive skin, black hair and brown eyes.

So eyeshadow doesn't show up unless i blink. It's all about the lower lash for me. And as I feared, that looks dated.

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 11:33:10

I feel naked without it as well Remus.

I do quite often use eyeshadow on my lower lash instead of liner. If I have nothing there, it looks weird.

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 11:34:09

And a dark liner does suit my eyes because of how dark they are.

I've tried doing the top lash line but it just makes my eyes water.

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 12:08:46

I saw someone with shadow on their lower lash today and it looked nice.

But I'very just tried it and it doesn't look good

ShesAGreatGas Sat 09-Apr-16 12:13:17

I have hooded eyes and need something on the bottom, too.

I've tried loads of eyemake-up YouTube tutorials, but they dont work on hooded lids sad

XiCi Sat 09-Apr-16 12:16:47

You know what suits you best OP. I'm dark as well and always wear liner on the lower lid. I imagine the shadow would look better on fair, blond people. Maybe go to Mac or book a session with a make up artist for some new ideas?

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 12:24:24

I was thinking of going to a counter but will I be expected to buy a lot of expensiveffort make up?

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 12:25:08

I think your'reply right because the person wearing the shadow on the bottom was fair skinned.

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 12:25:54

shesagreatgas - so what do you use?

I've got dark hair and eyes and v pale skin. I do like using shadow on the bottom and it's deffo softer than eyeliner. I use the Urban Decay Naked powders.

ShesAGreatGas Sat 09-Apr-16 12:30:38

I use dark shadow and a flatlining brush or a kohl eyeliner which i then smudge/soften with a brush. I use it close to the lower lid, not inside the eye, iyswim. I wing it at the bottom and edge of upper lid for nights out out.

I'm not saying I'm a make up guru or anything grin

keeponkeepinon Sat 09-Apr-16 12:38:50

I like the naked palette but then I am pale with blue eyes so nowhere near your lovely warm colouring op.
I think my eyes emight be a bit hooded and I can't get a flick to work either. I'm sure I have seen video tutorials for hooded eyes online. Cant remember, maybe Lisa Eldridge does one? (Trundles off for a root about. ..)

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 12:45:31

I'very wasted a whole morning trying to get the flick to work through watching YouTube videos.

Either it smudges as soon as I open my eye or because you can't see the lid, what you can see is allocated black.

I'might going to try that shesagreatgas but probably without the wing as I'm rubbish at them.

keeponkeepinon Sat 09-Apr-16 13:03:44

Yes! Google lisa eldridge hooded eye tutorial and there's a video on you tube. I can't seem to link to it.

keeponkeepinon Sat 09-Apr-16 13:04:39

Its a smoky eye look

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 18:31:23

That's the best tutorial I have seen for hooded eyes. Thank you.

I will have a practice tomorrow!

keeponkeepinon Sun 10-Apr-16 07:25:17

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now