If you have ezcema/dry skin on your face, which make up do you use?

(9 Posts)
FabFlo Fri 08-Apr-16 16:23:11

I can't shift the dry skin on my face. Covering it with Epaderm ointment every night, using dermal 500 in the day. Before that was using Aveeno.

Dry skin mainly on cheeks and forehead.

So fed up of it. Have tried various primers and foundations.

Any suggestions? Have you had any success?

Dream matte mouse works in that it doesn't cling to the dry bits but it doesn't give great coverage.

oleoleoleole Fri 08-Apr-16 16:31:00

I got cream from docs that I slaver on and use Clinique foundation with a concealer built in.

FabFlo Fri 08-Apr-16 16:32:13

My creams are also from docs but not helping much. Does your work? If so which one is it?

NotSoFancyPancy Fri 08-Apr-16 16:43:34

Coconut oil works well on my dry skin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 08-Apr-16 16:54:33

Max Factor illusion stuff, looks like a compact but turns into al liquid, SO impressed with it,I finish off with some Lily Lolo powder to set it.

TulipStream Fri 08-Apr-16 16:54:40

Lancome hydra zen. Night time. Was and is absolutely amazing on my face. I used to wake up with my skin pealing off my cheeks on a daily basis and no makeup other than Estee lauder would cover it.
Since I started using it, from the fist use my skin has been 100% improved.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 08-Apr-16 16:55:49

Try using some Vaseline on your dry bits, amazing for shifting my dry patches. Use it at night and you wake up with lovely soft skin.

NewYearSameMe Fri 08-Apr-16 17:16:49

I have very dry skin and I use a Konjac sponge before I put make up on to take off all the scaly bits. Then some Mizon Snail Repair cream or Stila One Step Correct. I don't wear make up very often and don't really have one that I think is amazing, I'm using Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation at the moment, and it's ok. It doesn't irritate my skin, which a lot of foundations do.

I don't have eczema so I'm not sure if a Konjac sponge would work with that or whether it might irritate it.

Higge Fri 08-Apr-16 17:20:41

I use Garnier 5 sec blur primer - a bit of loose powder and blush, then mascara and lipstick. I avoid patches as make up makes them look worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now