£100 Space NK voucher to spend - any recommendations gratefully received!

(12 Posts)
Zenoush Fri 08-Apr-16 09:04:39

Hello! I'm very lucky to have been given a £100 Space NK voucher by two lovely friends after not being too well recently. I'm going to try and go in to one of the stores today and have a look/recce at what I might buy. Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated. I don't tend to spend too much on make up and beauty products in recent years since I went freelance, in my twenties I used to spend a lot more, so I feel rather out of the loop. Although I have learnt that spending more doesn't necessarily mean it's the best!

I'm not yet sure if I want to focus on skincare or make up - but are there any brands I should be looking out for? I'd really like to make some productive choices!

Thank you.

Marylou2 Fri 08-Apr-16 09:11:46

Lucky you!! Enjoy spending it. I love By Terry Sheer Expert Foundation and Ombre Blackstar Eyeshadow sticks.
Also they have Diptyque perfumes which are lovely. Next time I'm in Space NK I'm going to try the Hourglass highlighters as they seem pretty popular at the moment but I haven't tried them personally.

botemp Fri 08-Apr-16 09:25:58

Chantecaille sigh, the tinted moisturiser and the mascara that despite the price tag I continue to buy again and again, 'Faux Cils longest lash', it actually does make my lashes grow longer (to the point that I have to avoid the bottom lashes sometimes) and smells of heavenly rose water. Mind you, either one will eat up the bulk of your budget.

Personally I'd avoid Sunday Riley, it's a bit aggressive (I call it skincare on steroids, it either agrees with you or it doesn't) and pricey for what it is.

Agree with above about the By Terry Ombre Blackstar Eyeshadow sticks. Laura Mercier do great things too, their TM is a close second to the Chantecaille one. The Aurelia Miracle Cleanser is a lovely and indulgent cleanser...

Anyhow, you'll be spoilt for choice.

Can you spend it online too? Currently they have an offer when you spend £60 you'll get £15 off, don't know if that's valid in store too but should work in conjunction with a gift card, I would think. The code is 'EXPLORE' and valid till the 14th.

BatmanLovesMarmite Fri 08-Apr-16 09:29:22

Diptyque candle.

Laura Mercier eyeshadow palette - it's very well pigmented.

NARS - esp nail varnish.

Zenoush Fri 08-Apr-16 09:47:17

Thank you all - that's exactly what I wanted to know! Do keep them coming...

Feeling quite tempted by the Ombré Blackstar eyeshadow sticks and Diptique perfumes/candles....

botemp Fri 08-Apr-16 10:11:01

The Dyptique candles, while very nice, are paraffin based which is harmful (several studies have suggested carcinogenic) in the atmosphere of an enclosed environment (not great for anyone but especially with kids and pets) so I avoid them in favour of natural based waxes, the Zara home candles are just as good scent wise with no paraffin and quite a bit cheaper too.

Scoose Fri 08-Apr-16 10:15:32

Hourglass ambient powders are gorgeous I use diffused light all over my face for a glowy look smile

seefeld Fri 08-Apr-16 10:56:50

I second the Chantecaille tinted moisturiser recommendation. It makes my skin look so glowy all day. They also stock Nars and I love Orgasm blush and their setting powder

JackandDiane Fri 08-Apr-16 10:57:27

Not the Kevin aucoin candlelight I've got

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 08-Apr-16 11:11:13

Have you got eyelash curlers? Shu Uemura curlers are meant to be The Best .

<<Haven't got them BTW. I'm planning to track some down though>>

Zenoush Fri 08-Apr-16 14:49:49

Thanks for these recommendations! I'm going to pop down shortly and have a look. Very excited! I never get to spend much on make up or skincare on myself.

Kennington Fri 08-Apr-16 15:03:04

Philosykos perfume by diptyque
Bumble and bumble hair care
Becca tube cream blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now