What to wear to fly in?

(6 Posts)
Monkeyfeet12 Thu 07-Apr-16 23:57:44

I really want to be comfy for a 10 hour flight. What do you wear? I'm thinking joggers, a light top and a hoodie, pair of converse, too casual? Does it matter? And is matching hoodie and joggers a definite no-no?!!!

torthecatlady Fri 08-Apr-16 00:21:31

Jogging bottoms are great for long haul, they are comfy and don't seem to crease as badly as linen or denim. You could always change into them in the toilet mid flight if you're conscious about what you're wearing, then change back? My mum used to do this. hmm

Bit of a tight squeeze in an aeroplane toilet though grin

Just make sure you're comfy, don't dress up to impress if it's not what you feel happiest in.

I normally travel in jogging bottoms or a skirt with dolly shoes and a loose tshirt and cardigan.

My feet tend to swell when I fly, so I recommend not wearing tight shoes! smile

And get a neck pillow! Best thing ever!

Have a great time!

Bananajam Fri 08-Apr-16 07:41:24

I'm planning harems, T-shirt and hoodie for our 9 hour flight next week. Warm and comfy is best.

Monkeyfeet12 Fri 08-Apr-16 11:54:15

I've just tried harems on in Next, going for them I think. They felt a bit like dressed up pj's! Perfect! Thank you!

botemp Fri 08-Apr-16 12:27:51

Yes, go for comfy with an elasticated waist. The days when dressing well resulted in an upgrade are long gone, it's all about frequent flyer miles now. Just make sure it's not synthetic fabrics, it's dry up in the air and everything around you is some horrible poly-blend so avoid if you don't want to constantly spark and resemble Einstein in the hair department (also avoid the complementary static blanket of death, bring your own non synthetic one). I always take some thicker comfy socks to wear during and swap them out before landing.

As for matching hoodie and joggers? Nothing theoretically wrong but people might be looking for the rest of the team you belong to as a lot of sport teams travel in uniform for reasons I have yet to comprehend.

Monkeyfeet12 Fri 08-Apr-16 18:58:28

Thank you botemp!! I daren't tell you that I am going as part of a bigger 'team', I will definitely forego the trackie look on that basis. Good advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now