Help with capsule wardrobe for long trip

(6 Posts)
justtheonethen Thu 07-Apr-16 08:45:11

I'm hoping some of you lovely lot will be able to help me with what is a packing nightmare!

I am going away for 10 weeks to Japan and Australia with 2 weeks in the middle in Bali and I'm a bit stuck as to what to pack!

Japan will be warm and humid/rainy (about 20-26 degrees) Australia chillier at around 10-15 degrees (apart from the last week which will be boiling in Darwin), Bali will hopefully be boiling!

Dp is joining me for the Bali part so he can bring any proper holiday clothes I won't need for the rest of the trip.

I need clothes that are smart enough for work and also more casual clothes. I won't be seeing the same workplace more than twice so don't need loads of smart stuff really as can re wear.

I literally have no idea where to start!

I'm 5'7" and a size 12, blonde hair. I hate my thighs so want them covered.

I generally live in black and grey but would like to revamp myself a bit! I don't want to spend loads but happy to pay for a few good bits that I can supplement with cheaper stuff.

Anyone feel able to help me out?

Tanaqui Thu 07-Apr-16 08:52:08

Crikey, how lovely!

Can't help with work wear, but would get dh to bring all the hot stuff to Bali- including long sleeved long legged outfit in case of sunburn that you can take on to Oz.

justtheonethen Thu 07-Apr-16 10:49:11

That's a good idea, I'll get looking. Definitely getting him to lug out beach wear, lucky devil wink

beingorange Thu 07-Apr-16 11:01:29

Just pack for the few weeks in Japan: so some smart lightweight suits and lightweight casual clothes.
Get him to bring jeans, smart tops, and possibly warmer workwear for Australia as well as Bali? Id imagine you would get very sick of whatever you wear in 10 weeks, and also: wouldnt you want to/have time to shop a bit too?

justtheonethen Thu 07-Apr-16 11:58:30

Good idea, hadn't thought about him being able to bring stuff for Australia too.

justtheonethen Thu 07-Apr-16 11:59:04

And yes. Absolutely want to shop too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now