Tips on getting rid of forehead wrinkles please!

(14 Posts)
Melbournemel Wed 06-Apr-16 15:38:32

I've been trying face aerobics to no avail. My skin is adequately moisturised and I'm wary of buying any supposed wrinkle reducing creams or getting a chemical peel as my skin is fairly sensitive and reactive. Can't afford botox grin The wrinkles aren't that bad but they are definitely there and I'm afraid they'll get worse from here on in confused

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 06-Apr-16 18:02:11

A fringe! No cream will get rid of wrinkles only moisturise.

capsium Wed 06-Apr-16 18:13:21

Blurring cream will cosmetically disguise them.

www.boots.com/en/Garnier-5-Seconds-Perfect-Blur-30ml_1313658/

I get this one. It works pretty well, sort of stops the light bouncing of your skin so you don't see the wrinkles. You'd have to check the ingredients to see if there is anything you would react to but they sell it in Boots, so this should be quite easy if your town has one.

KanyesVest Wed 06-Apr-16 18:14:41

It hasn't made much difference to my horizontal forehead lines yet, but after reading about eucerin Hyaluron filler cream, I'm hopeful - it's already greatly reduced the "11" s between my eyebrows and either side of my mouth. I'm only using the day cream so far, so I'm expecting to look terribly well rested once I get the night cream too!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 06-Apr-16 18:15:06

I need a bucket of thatwink

Melbournemel Wed 06-Apr-16 18:16:40

Can't use primer or blurring cream as my face doesn't agree with silicone sad Can you really not get rid of them somehow? I've read that they are the easiest lines to get rid of (and not just disguise, actually get rid) but I cannot find out how confused

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 06-Apr-16 18:20:27

They're easy to get rid of with botox!

Buttwing Wed 06-Apr-16 18:23:30

I was going to say Botox. Little syringes of magic!!

yomellamoHelly Wed 06-Apr-16 18:27:37

Is why I got a fringe!

capsium Wed 06-Apr-16 18:37:23

This primer does not appear to have silicones in, if it is any help.

www.naturisimo.com/products_other.cfm?id=5051&type=Primer%20and%20Luminiser&makeup=1

Or this 'Expression Filler'

www.naturisimo.com/products.cfm?id=4793&type=Antiageing&skincare=1

capsium Wed 06-Apr-16 18:42:53

Sorry forget the first link it has Dimethicone in.

LiquidCosh Wed 06-Apr-16 18:43:15

Botox is your friend, here nothing else will take these types of lines away

StrapOnDodo Wed 06-Apr-16 18:45:34

Wait until you're 45+, then you won't be able to see them unless you put on reading glasses?

XiCi Wed 06-Apr-16 19:00:46

The only topical products proven to reverse ageing are acids - AHAs and BHAs and retinoids - retinol and retin-a. Retinol can cause irritation and peeling so if your skin is really sensitive you might be best starting with Avene Ystheal which is a really gentle form of retinol.
Serums or moisturisers with hyaluronic acid in will temporarily plump out the wrinkles
Botox is the easy option. It's relatively inexpensive, I pay £96 for 1 area and it lasts 6 months. It may be that this is more cost effective in the long run than buying all the lotions and potions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now