Have used lumea and my hair is growing back as normal 😩

(10 Posts)
Stradbroke Wed 06-Apr-16 09:54:07

I recently bought the lumea precision and shaved my legs and underarms and got to work. I did level 4 and my hair grew back as normal. Shaved legs again and did it again on level 5. Again my hair is growing back.
I am so disappointed.
I have pale skin and black hairs so I don't understand why it's not working.

Sheezus Wed 06-Apr-16 10:37:51

Have you only used it twice?
I'd say that's your problem, you need to keep using it consistently and over time you see a reduction.
You also won't be hair free forever, you'll still need to top up every 6 weeks or so.

apple1992 Wed 06-Apr-16 10:42:47

I've only used it on bikini line (too much space on legs!!) and did it maybe four times, and it doesn't grow back. In places I've only done it twice, or with months in between, it has just grown back.

Stradbroke Wed 06-Apr-16 11:32:10

Ok. Thanks. So should I wait for a few weeks before doing it again or can I shave once they've grown back and do it?

I may have been expecting miracles too soon blush

HolditFinger Wed 06-Apr-16 11:36:30

Following as I'm thinking about getting one for my horrendous man beard facial fuzz.

Stradbroke Wed 06-Apr-16 11:59:58

Holditfinger I have had good reports from a friend so I will keep trying and will let you know how i get on.

TheOptimisticPessimist Wed 06-Apr-16 12:02:01

It does grow back if you don't maintain use but on my legs some patches grow more than others. I've had a few lazy months where I just couldn't be bothered to shave my legs and so couldn't zap them, and while some parts of my legs grew back in full ape-like glory, other patches looked like I'd been over them with a razor!

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 06-Apr-16 12:07:23

Tsk OP. You were looking for instant gratification.

Zapping follicles is a commitment that will take many zappy sessions.

Stradbroke Wed 06-Apr-16 12:28:42

grin yes. Instant gratification was definitely what I was looking for. After years of hair removal I wanted an instant fix. 😂

NewYearSameMe Wed 06-Apr-16 12:42:39

The instructions say to do it fortnightly to start with, but most people get good results by using it weekly for a month to six weeks and then leaving longer periods as the hair growth slows down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now